Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Assist the Director in the administration of state and institutional financial aid
- Complete the verification process and award students on a continuous basis
- Counsel and advise students applying for funds offered through the College’s financial aid programs
- Prepare routine and periodic reports to state and federal levels, as well as reports requested by the Director of Financial Aid
- Continuously update knowledge and understanding of federal, state and institutional policies, procedures and regulations and assess their impact on the College’s financial aid programs, making appropriate recommendations on the basis of that assessment
- Exercise supervision of the support and student aid staff in the absence of the Director
- Work with the DCC Foundation to insure the proper administration of scholarships and posting of these scholarships to the students’ accounts
- Works with the Office of Admissions for the proper administration of institutional scholarships to insure the accurate processing for first-time freshmen and continuing recipients
- Works with the DCC Foundation and the Office of Student Accounts in the development and improvement of policies and procedures for the administration of scholarships in order to maintain and enhance efficiency
- Visit schools and agencies within the local area, promoting an awareness of the College’s financial aid programs and lend support to “outreach” efforts initiated by other campus offices.
- Be responsible for the awarding and certification of recipients for the New York State Aid for Part – time study program
- Be responsible for the certification of recipients for the New York State TAP Program
- Work directly with the other Assistant Directors of Financial Aid for yearly roll-over preparation.
- A Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Three years of progressive financial aid experience
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations as well as student registration, academic and residency requirements.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using integrated financial aid computer systems. Knowledge of the financial aid module of Banner is preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Assistant Director of Financial Aid in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail/Fax
Office of Human Resources Management
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Fax: (845) 431-8595
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).