Job Development Specialist (COF)
Kern Community College District
Job Development Specialist (COF)
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide specialized assistance and service within the job development and job placement program; solicit employer interest and involvement in student employment; assist in the development of job training service programs and student job assessments.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Principles of training and providing work direction.
• Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
• Principles and practices of marketing.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Principles and practices of job placement program development and administration.
• Principles and practices of career development.
• Labor market employment trends.
• Business letter writing and report preparation.
• Principles and techniques of public relations.
• Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
• Develop and maintain community contacts.
• Research, organize and present a variety of employment data.
• Plan, implement and evaluate job placement services.
• Advise students in matters related to job placement.
• Develop and apply a variety of placement-related software.
• Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
• Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree in business administration, public administration, marketing or a related field AND four years of responsible student services experience including experience involving analytical research and reporting.
Position Number: 00944
Posting Date: 02/27/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,667.87 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,466.13 per month
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade 43.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, March 13, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4182
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.