Military Healthcare Development Specialist - Mid East Region (PA, DE, MD, VA and WV)
Job ID 2013-52203
# Positions 1
Posted Date 2/27/2014
Division Chamberlain College of Nursing
The position will identify, present and negotiate contracts with corporations, organizations, community colleges and generate inquiries for recruiting prospective students and for marketing the Chamberlain College of Nursing’s education programs, working closely with military installations, VA and Military Hospitals, Education Service Officers. In this role, the incumbent will be trained by successfully completing an initial training and/or certification process. Under supervision, the Advisor is responsible for working with future students. Resolves most enrollment questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. This person will oversee the Mid East region to include but not limited to - Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad Admissions knowledge
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments
- Networks and develops professional relationships to generate personally-developed inquiries
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process
- Screens potential student applicants by phone and sets campus interviews
- Assesses future students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics, qualifications and financial wherewithal to be enrolled through graduation
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain academic programs
- Advises students in program selection, test counseling, registration, etc.
- Provides general customer service to students from enrollment through graduation
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Previous admissions experience helpful but not required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
- Previous military background highly preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.