Procurement Specialist (part-time) (Procurement Assistance Center) - District
Procurement Specialist (part-time) (Procurement Assistance Center) - District
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 03/13/2014 Interested candidates must apply by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Department: APAC (D)
Position Type: Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position: Offsite Location
If off-site, please specify location. Corona, CA
Employment Type: Part-Time
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week: 16
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade O
Salary Amount: $27.16 - $36.49
Salary Type: Hourly
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? Yes
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through: Currently funded through December 31, 2014
Under the supervision of the area Director, assists in the operations and marketing of PAC's program and activities, including consulting, providing client orientation, labor market data, training and implementation of PAC activities in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties PAC satellite locations.
An associate degree from an accredited institution.
Three years of directly related experience working in the private or public sector with small businesses in the procurement of government goods and services are required. Two years experience negotiating and contracting the procurement of goods and services for local, state, or Federal Government Department of Defense contracting experience are desired.
Bid and proposal preparation; general business practices; methods used in evaluating business potential; economic development and business marketing strategies; pricing policies and procedures; subcontracting procedures; pre- and post-award procedures; federal, state, private and other resources for economic development and business assistance; computerized retrieval and use of Department of Defense (DOD) specifications and standards.
Make effective public presentations to the business community; communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and written; interact with a variety of work assignments concurrently.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, other departmental personnel, clients, small business owners, small business organizations and agencies, chambers of commerce, Federal and State agencies, and the general public.
Normal office environment.
1. Provides consulting and technical assistance to small business owners and individuals starting businesses in and around Riverside and San Bernardino County.
2. Matches clients' products and/or services with that being purchased; obtains specifications; prepares requests to be placed on solicitation mailing list; prepares offers; provides post award assistance in areas such as production, quality system requirements, finance, engineering and transportation; prepares bid packaging.
3. Assists in providing:
a. Business planning and management consulting in such areas as business plans, license and permits, legal requirements and insurance, personnel, site selection and general business practices;
b. Financial consulting in such areas as eligibility for public and private financing and financial analysis and projections;
c. Consulting in such areas as identifying market niches, market research, access to market studies, market plans, advertising and public relations;
d. Maintaining accurate records on consulting services provided; information-giving actions; and short- and long-term consulting; and
e. Case management which would include problem identification, research and resolution stages.
4. Assists in the continued development of the PAC by cooperating with community small business organizations and agencies; chambers of commerce; and maintaining working relations with key public, state and Federal agencies.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned to carry out project objectives and activities and to meet grant conditions.
6. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
7. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
8. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month
employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Chani Beeman, 450 E. Alessandro Blvd., Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be necessary)
(Total hours not to exceed 16 hours per week)
To apply, visit: https://jobs.rcc.edu
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: A Mutually Agreed Upon Start Date
Application Deadline: 03-13-2014
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted: Classified/Management/Confidential Application