STERILE PROCESSING MANAGER - Clinic Materials - Dental
Requisition Number : 2453
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics managed at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the School promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health. In the pre-doctoral clinic, comprehensive patient care is provided by student dentists under the direct supervision of dental faculty.
- Oversees the daily operations of the central sterilization facility; responsible for all aspects of the sterilization operations including managing the flow of dental instruments and hand pieces through the dental school.
- Responsible for managing a team of sterilization assistants that play in integral role in patient care for the Dental School.
- Individual is responsible for hiring, training and monitoring performance of staff; utilizes University performance planning process to manage staff performance and development.
- The manager oversees the operation to ensure that instruments are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, distributed, and tracked in a quality/timely manner throughout the dental school.
- The individual is responsible for establishing and enforcing Standard Precautions and infection control protocol to prevent the spread of infection. The individual must be able to document policies and procedures to support operations. The manager will ensure that all processes and protocols consistently comply with OSHA guidelines.
- Individual will document and verify sterilization loads and biological tests to determine the efficacy of the sterilization process.
- Responsible for ordering the necessary supplies and instruments; individual will develop a system to manage instrumentation inventory within the established budget.
- The Manager of Sterile Processing is responsible for supporting screenings, workshops, NERB and WREB licensing exams
- Attend meetings and participate on committees as requested.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
Job Description - Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience or a high school diploma and 5 years of related experience
- 2+ related work experience in a sterile processing role
- Certification as a CRCST (Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician)/ IAHCCSMM required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills/communication skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Proven success in handling multiple projects, prioritizing, and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of dental instrumentation and sterilization, central processing procedures
- Supervisory experience
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.