The Executive Director of Assessment is responsible for the leadership and development of a comprehensive institutional assessment program to support FIT’s mission and strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Institutional Research and Effectiveness and part of the Office of Planning, Assessment and Compliance, the Executive Director designs, directs and supports academic and administrative program reviews and related activities that demonstrate institutional effectiveness.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate assessment activities; develop policies and procedures for the Assessment office.
- In collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs, support continuous academic program assessment and improvement of student learning through consultation, mentoring, and hands-on training;
- Lead the development, organization, analysis and reporting of student learning outcomes and related activities to support planning activities;
- Promote internal and external communication of assessment results;
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of comprehensive outcomes assessment programs for all academic and administrative units that support the goals in FIT’s and SUNY’s strategic plans;
- Participate in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support both departmental accreditation and program reviews, including overseeing the development and administration of program-level surveys. Activities in this area include dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately using them.
- Interpret assessment findings and prepare an annual assessment report to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development.
- Coordinate all assessment and institutional effectiveness activities needed for MSCHE, NASAD and other accreditation or compliance purposes.
- Record, store, manage, and disseminate confidential and sensitive assessment data as appropriate.
- Manage and supervise office personnel, including training and performance evaluations.
- Master’s degree required; PhD or EdD preferred.
- Training and/or experience equivalent to five years of higher education experience that includes assessment, and leadership. Higher education teaching experience is a plus.
- Expertise in assessment, data analysis and educational outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse members of the university community including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and accreditors.
- Demonstrated ability for effective organizational skills and ability to connect to the institutional strategy while displaying attention to detail.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present reports effectively.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- A list of three (3) professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
*If applying from a website outside of www.FITNYC.edu please visit this link:
Exec Dir of Assessment - FIT - Position Posting