Adjunct Faculty - ESOL (Non Credit) (Brookhaven)
Division: Cont Ed (2750) - Brookhaven
Position Number: 021309035
Position Type: Faculty
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Appointment Type: Part Time
Is Grant Funded?: No
Salary: $20 - $25/Hourly
Work Days/Hours: Will Vary; M-F 8am - 9pm; Saturday 8am - 5 pm; Sunday 12pm - 6pm
Posting Number: 02435
Job Description Summary/Essential Duties:
Position at Brookhaven College in the Continuing Education division.
Provides instruction for non-credit course(s) within the content specific area. Responsibilities include providing course syllabi (with the minimum college requirement for the non-credit courses, institutional holidays, grading policy, course information, attendance requirements, books and resource materials, and other institutional or accreditation information, etc); maintains accurate records for reporting grades and attendance, provides student evaluations in accordance with institutional guidelines and accreditation/licensure body (if applicable); and meets required deadlines for submitting required end of course documentation to the division office.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The application alone is used to determine if minimum requirements are met.
- The completion of all related sections is required even if submitting a resume.
- Part time work experience counts as half time work experience. For example, 12 months of part time work equals 6 months full time work experience.
# of Months:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Adjunct faculty who are assigned to teach non-credit Workforce ESL courses must have:
a minimum of an Associate degree with direct workforce experience in working as a facilitator, instructor or trainer OR have specific certification/licensure related to the assigned course(s) with work experience in the specific content area.
Other requirements include excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with students and staff with varying diverse backgrounds and learning styles. Demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences. The ability to provide quality customer service. Unofficial transcripts will be required at time of interview, where applicable. *A criminal background check will be conducted.*
Position Specific Qualifications:
Most successful candidate should have an TESOL certification
- This application will be considered for a pool of qualified candidates for the Continuing Education department at Brookhaven College.
- Placement and/or employment may not be immediate or guaranteed. Your application will be retained for a period of 12 months.