Crisis Therapist, Psychiatry
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Full/Part Time: TAR
Time as Reported Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Crisis
TO BE DETERMINED
- Respond to mental health crisis in the community.
- Provide clinical leadership in the field.
- Visit patients in a community setting to assess/identify their housing, mental health needs and/or substance abuse issues.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and mental status exams.
- Develop treatment plans in conjunction with patients, service providers, families and law enforcement, etc.
- Develop a clinical/medical record and document patient contacts and progress in record.
- Serve as broker for resources and/or provide bridge crisis therapy/services to address identified needs.
- Link patients to resources and document those resources.
- Arrange and direct case conferences, concerning patient treatment issues when appropriate.
- Provide in-services and consultation regarding mental illness and mobile services.
- Attend monthly RCMCT meetings.
- Respond after hours as needed to crisis in the community.
- Maintain current knowledge of the mental hygiene laws.
- Direct mental hygiene arrests when needed.
- Participate on community boards and committees.
Education/Experience (minimum required); Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field, three years or more experience in a clinical setting, (2 years experience in a crisis setting); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.