Senior Executive Director of Marketing and Brand Management
The Office of Marketing and Communications at the University of Illinois at Chicago, is seeking a Senior Executive Director of Marketing and Brand Management to be responsible for institutional brand management and key marketing communications activities for the institution. Increase the overall visibility of UIC by developing and implementing an integrated plan for external and internal marketing communication. Enhance and unify marketing communication across campus and provide strategic direction and management of the institution’s comprehensive and coordinated marketing strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of ten years of marketing communications, media relations and public relations
experience in large, complex organization required; preferably in both the public and
• At least five years administrative and management experience.
• Established track record in successful marketing and communication campaigns;
progressive responsibility in institutional branding and identity, strategic planning and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing a team of creative professionals.
• Ability to use independent judgment and gather, manage and impart information to the
media and various internal and external audiences.
• Experience and training managing crisis communication situations.
• Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
UIC is committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
To Apply: please complete an online application through the UIC Job Board at
https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=37781 AND submit a cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information for three references. For fullest consideration apply by March 5, 2014.