F/T Faculty: Sociology-Behavioral Sci. Department
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements:BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College’s locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Description: Full time instructor in the Behavioral Sciences Department. Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development of sociology courses
- Teach sociology courses.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking skills.
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of sociology courses and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill all duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ph.D. preferred; Master's degree in sociology required.
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching preferred
Salary Range: $44,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will begin on September 1, 2014. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By March 6, 2014.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter Addressing the FT Faculty Requirements and the Required Qualifications to: www.Bhcc.Mass.Edu/Employment - Select the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions.
Fax Transcript Files (Unofficial is acceptable) to: (617) 228-3328.