ASST DIR/CONTENT SOLUTIONS
University Communications merges strategy with creativity to produce content and products that communicate the CMU value. The Assistant Director Content Solutions crafts and packages the stories of a university with a rich history, a bold and exciting future, and immense value to students and the state.
As part of the creative services team, you will write and maintain content for multiple channels – including marketing and recruitment brochures, digital products, web content, magazines, marketing campaigns, newsletters, social media and more.
The platforms are evolving. The content is diverse. And the writing must sing. We need a content marketing rock star.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create polished content for university marketing collateral such as digital viewbooks, brochures, newsletters, student/facility success stories, advertising copy and web copy.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and brand across all marketing communications including the development, editing and proofing of university presentations and written materials.
- Manage projects and collaborate with the creative team in conceptualizing, planning and implementing innovative marketing communications.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the university website and online strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, English or marketing communications.
- Two years of professional writing experience and a demonstrated creative writing ability.
- Ability to think strategically and advance internal client university goals through communications.
- Exceptional grammatical, syntactical, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with deadline pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and campus clients, identifying needs and goals and articulating creative concepts and rationale.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills to plan, set priorities and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strongly self-motivated, enthusiastic and team-oriented personal traits.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Public relations and marketing and or university publications and marketing writing experience.
Celebrating its 120th anniversary this year, Central Michigan University is one of the nation’s 100 largest public universities and the fourth largest in Michigan, with more than 21,000 students on its Mount Pleasant campus and another 7,000 enrolled online and at more than 50 locations across North America. CMU offers academic programs at the undergraduate, master’s, specialist and doctoral levels, including several in key areas of strength and emerging interest. CMU also has established a College of Medicine, which is actively recruiting students for its inaugural class that will start in the summer of 2013.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, disability, gender, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/aaeo.)