Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Studies
This is a full-time, tenure-track position.
Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses including: Introduction to Environmental Science, undergraduate and graduate level seminar courses, wastewater treatment, environmental microbiology, environmental toxicology, grants and contracts, natural science research methods and new courses with area of specialization. Participation in general education courses on environmental issues and sustainability is also expected. Expected teaching load is 24 credits per academic year. Additional summer and online teaching opportunities are also available.
- Advise undergraduate environmental studies majors and minors providing academic guidance and assistance with placement planning.
- Supervise student internships and research at the undergraduate and graduate (Masters) levels.
- Participate in program planning and curriculum development in Environmental Studies and assessment activities in Environmental Studies, Liberal Education, and Professional Education.
- Possess skills and ability to design and deliver online courses with Desire to Learn (D2L) software or willingness to obtain necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- Pursue research activities in areas of expertise, including applied research of interest to clients in northern Minnesota.
- As appropriate, participate in faculty governance, committee work, or other service opportunities.
- Participate in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes of environmental stewardship, civic engagement, and global/multicultural understanding.
- Completed Ph.D. by August 1, 2014 in Environmental Science or closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in on-campus and online environments.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Persons writing letters of references should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the InterFaculty organization (IFO) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO%202011-2013%20CBA%20and%20TOC%20FINAL.pdf
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Dr. Timothy Kroeger
Center for Environmental, Economic, Earth and Space Studies
1500 Birchmont Dr. NE, Box 27
Bemidji, MN 56601-2699
Telephone: (218) 755-2783
FAX: (218) 755-4107
A complete application will include the following:
- Cover letter that addresses the required qualifications. Documentation of effective teaching at the university level should be included if it is available.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference sent to Dr. Timothy Kroeger, Director of Center for Environmental, Economic, Earth and Space Studies, Bemidji State University, #27, 1500 Birchmont Drive NE, Bemidji, MN 56601-2699; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of all university-level degree work.
- Application materials, except letters of reference, must be submitted through the Human Resources website at: http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_administrator/
- To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
August 19, 2014
March 10, 2014
Human Resources Department
Phone: (218) 755-3966
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site:
Bemidji State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator