Student Services Technician - Clearlake Campus
YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Human Resources Development and Personnel Services
Building 100A, Room 21
2088 North Beale Road, Marysville, CA 95901
TTY (hearing impaired): (530) 634-7760
Visit our Web Site at: www.yccd.edu
POSITION: Student Services Technician
DEPARTMENT: ADMISSIONS AND ENROLLMENT SERVICES
FINAL FILING DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014 BY 12:00 NOON. (POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
LOCATION: *SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: CLEARLAKE CAMPUS
SALARY: $2880.96 - $3161.30/MO. (CSEA Salary Schedule, initial placement will not be higher than the above listed salary, the top step for this position is $3995.21/MO.)
Under the direction of the Registrar, perform technical and complex duties in District-wide student services including admissions and records, registration, transcripts, financial assistance and other assigned areas of student services; provide technical assistance to students, staff and the public regarding available student services and various District procedures.
• Provide technical assistance and information to students District-wide regarding admissions and records, student registrations, financial assistance, or related matters; interpret and explain rules and regulations. (E)
• Instruct students in correct procedures for completion of forms and applications; explain applications, requirements and restrictions; review completed forms for accuracy and completeness. (E)
• Evaluate and determine status of application and forms; refer problems to supervisor for assistance and resolution, notify students of determination of need for additional information. (E)
• Serve as liaison between seasonal registration staff and the Registrar. (E)
• Inspect applications for student status and residency; input and assign appointments for registration; determine residency status and notify students or applicants as needed. (E)
• Provide information to potential employers and others regarding student statistics; assure compliance with applicable sections of the Privacy Act. (E)
• Provide information to appropriate personnel for financial aid reports for government loans. (E)
• Process incoming transcripts and test scores according to established procedures; process and prepare official and unofficial transcripts District-wide as requested; assure accuracy and timeliness of transcripts requested. (E)
• Prepare and compose letters of recommendation for student workers, correspondence and other materials as assigned. (E)
• Operate a computer terminal, personal computer, printers and other office equipment as assigned. (E)
• Coordinate staff schedules for seasonal registration activities and assure proper coverage. (E)
• Train and provide work direction to staff as assigned; assign and review work.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
• Functions, activities, procedures and operations of assigned student services areas.
• Applicable sections of the Privacy Act, Education Code and other related laws, rules and regulations.
• Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Perform technical and complex duties in assigned areas of student services.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. • Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Type at 45 words net per minute from clear copy.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Plan and organize work.
• Work confidentially with discretion.
• Make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by
college- level course work in a related field and three years of clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
• Seeing to read a variety of materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. • Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR:
The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
Must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PART-TIME (less than .60 FTE):
Part-time positions less than .60 FTE are not entitled to any District paid fringe benefits. The District does however; provide the employee prorated leaves including vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Employees less than .50 FTE contribute to an Alternative Retirement System (Apple). Employees whose, FTE is between .50 and .60 contribute to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $17,000 annually with a $78.00 monthly out of pocket expense to employees + dependents for their monthly medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, one (1) life insurance policy and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security, 457/403b options, Vacation days - 7.33 hrs per month for the first year, 96 hours of vacation leaven per years 1-5, 12 sick days and 20 holidays. INITIAL PLACEMENT WILL NOT BE HIGHER THAN THE LISTED SALARY, STEP 3 OF THE CSEA SALARY SCHEDULE, ACCORDING TO THE CLASSIFIED POLICY AND PROCEDURES HANDBOOK. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES; PLEASE REVIEW THE TOP OF THE FLYER (SALARY).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE:
PPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE: A District Classified application and the EEO Statement are required. The application is available at the Office of Human Resources, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901. Or you may call our TTY line at (530) 634-7760 OR visit our Web Site at http://www.yccd.edu/hr. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the final filing date in the Human Resources Office by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014 BY 12:00 NOON.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the District. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned or copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed, incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.