National and International Scholarships Program
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Scholarships Coordinator in the National and International Scholarships Program. This position works with the Director to oversee all aspects of the scholarships process. This position is a 100percent full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Create programs and outreach to foster a campus climate that encourages high-achieving students to maximize their experience at Illinois through undergraduate research, extracurricular activities, and course selection, and to consider seeking scholarship support.
- Manage the advertising/recruitment segment of the scholarships portfolio by advertising for and conducting workshops for promising candidates, providing individual mentorship to applicants, assisting committees in evaluating applications, coordinating final application materials, and publicizing the results.
- Master's degree
- Ability to collaborate effectively with students and faculty
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Discretion, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to work under deadlines
- Experience working with students and with foundations or agencies that award scholarships
- Familiarity with key issues related to teaching, mentoring and advising motivated, high-achieving young scholars, especially those from diverse backgrounds
Please create a candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu and upload one file that contains a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references by the close date. To ensure full consideration all requested application materials must be received by Thursday, February 13, 2014. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however no hiring decision will be made until after the full consideration date. The starting date for this position will be as soon as possible after the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.