Reports To: Associate Director of Admissions
Mills College is a nationally respected independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for both women and men. Located on 135 lush acres in the foothills of Oakland, California, the College enrolls approximately 946 undergraduate women and 597 graduate women and men. Consistently ranked one of the top colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report and one of the “Best 377 Colleges” by The Princeton Review, Mills provides a dynamic liberal arts education fostering women’s leadership, social responsibility, and creativity.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Admissions, the Visit Coordinator provides exciting and creative direction for the daily operations of the Welcome/Visit Center; coordinates, oversees and evaluates the overall guest experience; manages the student Admission Ambassador program in support of departmental recruitment and outreach efforts; and plays a leadership role in support of Enrollment Services Division customer service goals. The Visit Coordinator takes initiative to develop guest services for Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions in collaboration with various campus staff. Working closely with campus departments, the employee ensures that visit opportunities are well-defined, promoted and executed, interfacing with relevant efforts in Admissions as well as campus-wide. The position plays a leadership role in ensuring that the visit experience is inspiring, highly informative, and accurately representative of Mills programs and offerings. The Office of Admissions is a fast-paced, professional and confidential work environment.
Manage and Develop Welcome/Visit Center
• maintain and oversee the Welcome/Visit Center, including management of student schedules, training student workers, management of necessary inventory, and maintenance of a clean, organized and friendly space
• participate in the development of a strategic visit cycle and a visit communication plan
• collaborate closely with Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions teams to plan an impactful visit cycle, requiring knowledge of admissions process and industry trends
• track, analyze and generate reports on visit data for enrollment management purposes, requiring knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
• assess participant satisfaction, measure effectiveness, and seek ways to streamline and improve effectiveness; recommend changes as needed
• take a leadership role in ensuring the highest level of customer service from student ambassadors and staff through regular communications and/or trainings
• attend various interdepartmental meetings on behalf of the admission office.
Manage Admission Ambassador Program
• hire and supervise approximately 25 student ambassadors for coverage of the welcome desk, tours, events and other office duties
• develop and manage a training program for student Admission Ambassadors
Coordinate Daily Visit Program
• develop and manage the Admission visit experience for individuals and groups
• maintain the master visit calendar, delegating to student ambassadors as needed, and working with the Information Technology Systems department to keep calendaring systems streamlined and updated
• manage the Mills visit host program, requiring recruitment and direct supervision of student volunteer hosts
• assist with outreach efforts, collaborating with campus departments, and maintaining relationships with visitors from community educational organizations to generate an increase in visitors to campus
• serve as point of contact for all group and special visits, developing a meaningful and memorable visit experience for all
• establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment
• provide effective customer service towards all persons contacted during the course of job performance
• maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures, and requirements
• perform other duties as assigned
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• At least one year of supervision of high school and/or college student staff
• At least 2-3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a higher education setting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Admissions cycles, processes, procedures and data
• Knowledge of Admissions recruiting and communications strategies
• Knowledge of higher education visit services industry trends and best practices
• Familiarity with Banner or similar Student Information Systems forms and data
• Knowledge of financial aid policies and cycles
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
SALARY: Competitive salary based on experience, plus an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance/403(b) retirement plan, 10 days’ vacation the first year plus 12 sick days, and 13 paid holidays annually. Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills’ non-discrimination policy, pleased go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php.
To apply, please go to:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references, and the Mills College Application Form.
Review of candidates will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
MILLS COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Reasonable accommodations to enable participation in the selection process may be requested by qualified disabled individuals by writing to the above address, or by calling (510) 430-2282.