Enrollment Counselor (Temporary) - Graduate Admissions (T303)
The Graduate Admissions Enrollment Counselor (temporary) serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective graduate students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process Primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and to recruit those prospective students into one of APU’s graduate programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two-three years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous Higher Education/admissions experience is preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students; providing consistent, accurate and timely information about APU and its graduate programs.
- Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to admitted and admitted to enrolled yield goals.
- Works in conjunction with the department chair/program director, ensures prospective students enroll in the appropriate APU graduate program to meet their career objectives.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students.
- Represents and promotes APU at various graduate and professional school fairs, conferences, public relations events, and other internal and external promotional activities relevant to student recruitment.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with support staff, faculty, program directors and department chairs that enhance quality customer service.
- Utilizes the Azusa Pacific University student database system to run weekly roster reports and to daily document student contact interactions.
- Prepares and maintains weekly inquiry and applicant reports.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the director and/or assistant director.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Computer skills in word processing, data entry.
- Self-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously; present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
- Possess a high level of initiative, demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability for confidentiality, to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- The position requires repetitive typing motion and sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Occasional standing for extended periods while making presentations or attending recruitment fairs.
- Hearing and speaking on the phone.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Ability to conduct business at various offices on campus, traveling to and from offices on foot, or by motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop to low file drawers and reach top drawers of five-drawer file cabinet.
- Availability to travel locally, and on occasion, nationally; must be currently licensed to drive in the State of California.
- Ability to read computer monitor, reading, and driving.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.