Internal Communications Manager - University Relations (S922)
As part of the strategic communications team, the Internal Communications Manager serves as the “employee brand ambassador” for Azusa Pacific, and helps to develop and integrate high-impact communication strategies and vehicles to promote employee engagement and the overall integrity of the APU culture. Ensures alignment of internal communication with the mission, vision, and goals of the organization. Coordinates, develops, and manages executive communications that deliver a consistent message and marries well with overall organizational messaging. Provide internal communications counsel to and partners with members of the senior leadership team to facilitate organizational effectiveness, and also works in a cross-functional capacity among a variety of teams, including the President’s Communication Team.
Please submit 3-5 writing samples along with the application.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in English, Public Relations, Communications, and/or Journalism.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or communications field including work in a corporate environment and proven experience as a communicator.
- Social media experience a plus.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Drives and organizes the development and implementation of an internal communication plan that provides consistent, key message-based communications between the executive leadership team and the larger organizations. Includes consulting with the leadership team to build their messaging, and engaging both internal and external key influences where needed. Meet with senior leadership team members, crafting their messages, and executing the dissemination of communications.
- Develop and manage various communications tools from concept to completion, including printed publications, intranet communications, employee meetings and events, videos, announcements, etc., that support effective communication throughout the organization.
- Identifies new and creative ideas for internal communications to enhance employee engagement and the connection between the leadership team and the larger organization.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal and external relationships to support the execution of executive communication.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of organizational goals.
- Develops strategic internal communication plans for organizational performance, employee engagement, and advocacy.
- Establishes individual strategies for measuring communication effectiveness and outcomes.
- Influences and counsels senior leaders to translate organizational needs into effective internal communications.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to include senior leaders.
- Able to use project management skills for large and/or complex projects.
- Exceptional writing skills and experience using them to develop clear, concise and key message-focused communications.
- Ability to influence individuals positively to affect project outcomes.
- Requires minimal supervision; strong independent thinker.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, survey and web publishing tools.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, and reach,
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Word, and Excel.