Marketing Specialist III
University of North Texas
Marketing Specialist III
The Mayborn School of Journalism's mission is to prepare students with ethical values, lifetime communication, and intellectual skills, and for successful careers in the professions represented by the School's undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Marketing Specialist III will coordinate internal and external marketing efforts for the Frank W. & Sue Mayborn School of Journalism as well as the Graduate Institute of Journalism.
This includes, but is not limited to:
*Producing marketing materials related to the school, institute and related events.
*Strong critical thinking, organizational, writing and editing skills as well as experience with social media are needed
*Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders also is required.
*Previous fundraising experience is valued.
*Ability to meet deadlines is paramount.
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding
* Ability to think creatively and identify new integrated marketing opportunities
* Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data
* Extensive knowledge of Associated Press style
* Ability to visually inspect copy material
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
* Proficiency in MS Office and requisite publishing and graphic design software
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
*Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism strategic communications or related field.
*Minimum five years of professional experience in related field.
*Substantial experience in producing marketing materials in multimedia formats.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references with the online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.