Project Manager/Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C.
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 325 N. Wells
Home Department: Information Technology
Position Type: Faculty Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Project Manager/Business Analyst works to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness across multiple business and academic functions. This role applies strong analytical/problem solving skills to work with stakeholders to determine improvements in workflow, data sharing and reporting. Responsibilities include working to identify tasks that are consistent with the overall organizational goals and finding solutions for new technologies and capabilities. The role is responsible for overseeing new initiatives as well as providing oversight and support for existing operations.
The incumbent will work closely with stakeholders at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) and TCS Education System (TCSES) in assuring projects are smoothly implemented and aligned with TCSPP’s strategic goals. The role serves both academic and administrative areas of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
This position can be based at any of the 3 major TCSPP office locations: Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, or Washington, DC.
- Demonstrates expertise in functional area business processes and understands assigned and cross functional areas
- Develop and drive process improvements across a range of academic and business functions
- Evaluate, propose and recommend information technology solutions which are consistent with best practices
- Use project management best practices to initiate and execute projects, manage risks, communicate to project stakeholders and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Acts as project lead in the coordination of solution development and the implementation of the final product/service
- Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems
- Partner with TCSES to leverage technology services and applications
- Develop functional requirements for new applications and enhancements to existing systems
- Work with the National Director of Information Technology, the other members of the TCSPP IT team and members of the TCSES IT group to establish priorities, project budgets and staffing requirements that will keep IT services aligned with TCSPP business and educational goals
- Partner with campus leadership to establish a culture of ownership and accountability and to promote support for new business processes, applications and initiatives
- Manage, coordinate and oversee work performed by vendors
- Provide formal and ad-hoc training as necessary to support roll-outs and the adoption of processes and systems
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work major projects and manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision
- Possess proven Business Analysis skills and project management experience to include successful management for campus-wide initiatives and implementations of varying sizes
- Experience in implementing and managing applications and projects across a number of disciplines including Human Resources, Student Services, Admissions, Student Finance, etc.
- Skilled in the understanding the implications of change for both current and future problems-solving and decision-making
- Skilled with identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skilled with considering the relative cost and benefit of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Communicated effectively with all levels of with the organization
- Ability to understand business requirements and identify technology solutions
- Ability to quickly assess and understand application software functionality
- Ability to product clear and accurate documentation including functional specifications, standard operating procedures, reference guides and training materials
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Comfortable with multitasking
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferable in computer science or business-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Three to five years working in similar roles with commensurate understanding of the associated business processes
- Working knowledge of workflow concepts and tools (preferably ImageNow)
- Working knowledge of electronic signature concepts and tools (EchoSign preferred)
- Experience working in higher education and with higher education related software is preferred
- Project Management certification is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.