Web and Database Developer
Web and Database Developer
The Web and Database Developer is a leader in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of web application architecture, standards, and applications for the University of Puget Sound campus community. Works with the Network and Server Systems team to script/automate maintenance and operational system tasks on Linux and Windows servers. In conjunction with the Office of Communications, which has responsibility for the Universitys main web site, works on the Universitys content management system and assists with information architecture and policy issues.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain web applications and portals.
- Function as the universitys technical resource for the content management system and ERP system portal.
- Script/automation development for Linux and Windows servers.
- Other duties as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of success in collaborative work.
- Bachelors degree plus at least two years of web development/programming in Windows and UNIX/Linux environments or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with both UNIX/Linux and Windows (Puget Sounds technology environment is composed of both platforms).
- Administrative script development and maintenance (Perl, Python, UNIX shell, WSH, etc.).
- Experience with at least two modern web programming languages/platforms (PHP, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, etc.).
- Ability to program data-driven web applications (MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server).
- Experience running Apache and IIS web servers.
- Experience working on a content management system.
- Experience working on an ERP system portal.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
You will be prompted to upload all required documents as one file titled "Required documents." Please combine all required documents shown below into one Word or PDF file. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Letter of Interest
- Three (3) Professional References
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
Commitment to Diversity: Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the University Diversity Statement.
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA