Posting Date January 16, 2014
Vacancy # VC-282
Department Feliciano Center for Entrenpreneurship
Division Academic Affairs
The Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship in the School of Business at Montclair State University is seeking a Program Assistant to provide support to the Center director and staff, faculty, adjuncts/consultants and students to accomplish their strategic goals and be responsible for providing administrative and program support in a Center that offers a number of different academic programs and events. This position also interacts with the Center’s external stakeholders including event attendees and members of the Center’s advisory board.
The successful candidate will provide effective, efficient and professional office support serving the needs of the Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship. The position requires the ability to multitask in a complex environment that has many customers including students, faculty, administrators, other staff, as well as external stakeholders. The person filling this position will be excellent at managing time and tasks, have superb organizational skills, and work as an effective team player as part of the School's staff. Additionally, the person filling the position will have excellent spoken and written communications skills as they serve as an interface for the Center and School. The position requires problem solving skills with minimal supervision. The person filling the position will have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and be able to learn additional computer applications including College enterprise systems for records and registration, finance and business services, academic advising, etc. The position also requires the ability to maintain confidential personnel and student information, the ability to maintain essential records and files, and the ability to gather, compile and proof materials for reporting purposes.
Other job responsibilities include:
• Performs routine office work including preparing correspondence, making copies, answering phones, sending faxes, scanning documents, scheduling meetings, processing mail. Uses computer for spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and other applications.
• Maintains all files and records for the Center in an organized matter.
• Manages, maintains and updates Center’s database of contacts.
• Prepares and processes travel reports (TR1/expense reports).
• Tracks/updates the Feliciano Center’s budget.
• Handles purchasing paperwork including purchase orders and processes invoices.
• Tracks invoices through the university’s payment processing system, including FRS.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with other SBUS Departments, SBUS Dean’s office, and the greater university community.
• Prepares and processes all paperwork for Center’s adjuncts and consultants.
• Assigns and monitors the work of part-time and/or student workers, and processes paperwork and timesheets for them.
• Assist the department chair in setting up department advisory board meetings and communicating with advisory board members.
• Ensures office is adequately stocked with supplies; maintains pleasant office décor.
• Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Coordinates with university’s conference center staff to book rooms for events. Handles catering orders with university’s catering staff.
• Manages registration process for Feliciano Center events, including Constant Contact and Meetup databases. Provides post-event summary of attendance.
• Coordinates with professors who are giving credit to students to attend the event. Oversees sign-in process at the event to ensure students are accurately recorded as being at the event.
• Performs duties during the event such as registering and greeting attendees, handling name tags, assisting with event setup.
• Assists center’s professors with Canvas/Blackboard maintenance.
• Helps professors with processing and posting of students’ grades.
• Secures/coordinates academic material for courses.
• Tracks student data in SIS, as needed.
• Maintains files of students’ attendance and coursework in binders.
• Assist department chair with course schedule maintenance for each semester. Handles scheduling of rooms for classes.
• Disseminate information to potential and current students.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University. Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis. Applicants who possess an Associate's degree may substitute 2-years of position related experience for the remaining two years of education.