Location: Pasadena, CA
Office Building/Campus: Pasadena
Home Department: Admission
Position Type: Staff Position
Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School is a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of rich history deeply rooted in the mission of its founding families with principles of inclusion, social justice, and the value of every human being. Pacific Oaks Children’s School is a recognized leader in early childhood education with a high demand from parents wanting excellent education for their young children. Pacific Oaks College is well known for preparing graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to help people from diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and strengths uncover and realize their unique individual potentials.
Our programs include Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Human Development (HD), and Early Childhood Education (ECE). Recently Pacific Oaks formed an affiliation with the TCS Education System (TCS ES), headquartered in Chicago. This affiliation allows Pacific Oaks to leverage shared resources of the system and, and, at the same time, further its autonomous identity, mission, and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition, Pacific Oaks is poised for ever greater growth in areas such as in online education and a number of new programs uniquely targeted for the needs of our students.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Admissions Counselor!
The Admissions Counselor recruits and counsels for Pacific Oaks College programs. The Admissions Counselor supports recruitment and admissions activities by handling communications, information and paper flow with prospects and applicants.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations
- Documents evaluation results for students, advisors, Registrar, and other administrative and academic offices
- Plans and coordinate on-campus Information Sessions and Open Houses for prospective students
- Meets with prospective students to estimate transfer credit, counsel on completing entry requirements, discusses academic programs, admission options, and financial aid opportunities and conducts campus tours.
- Performs official transcript evaluations
- Follows up with prospective students by phone and written correspondence
- Works with Financial Aid office in investigating financial assistance opportunities and discusses funding opportunities with prospective students
- Establishes relationships with community agencies and organizations (e.g., social service and school district agencies and personnel)
- Meet Admission bench marks goal MFT-specific
- Keeps current on MFCC program information and State licensure requirements
- Regularly attends the MFCC Department staff meetings
- Works with the MFCC faculty and AVP in developing new recruitment programs and opportunities TEP-specific
- In collaboration with AVP, ensures that the College enrollment goals are met
- Keeps current on credential program information and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing requirements
- Monitors and updates with the Articulation Officer the teacher preparation articulation agreements
- Regularly attends the Teacher Education Program staff/faculty meeting
- Works with TEP faculty and AVP in developing new opportunities for recruitment
- Flexibility to schedule weekend and evening hours
- Follows up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence
- Tracks applications by phone and written correspondence to ensure completion and admission
- Runs prospect and applicant reports, mail merges, etc. as required
- Attends Admissions Office and other organizational meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in college recruitment or student services
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Go to Meetings, and Campus Vue
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity and commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to travel evenings and weekends; possess valid driver’s license
Pacific Oaks College is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.