Assistant Coach - Football
Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Football Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, including on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Athletic Training staff. Assists in the planning and administering of the off-season training program.
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, to include consulting with the Director of Academic Support in Athletics, the Director for Compliance and other University administrators to resolve problems.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponent teams and assists in designing game plans and strategies. Attends coaches' preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Assists in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes, to include both class and study hall attendance.
- Assists in maintaining statistics.
- Interfaces with game officials.
- Participates in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances.
- Assists with planning and coordinating approved fund raising activities.
- Assists with budget preparations, as requested. Operates within approved budget allocations.
- Assists with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned.
- Assists in coordinating team travel arrangements. Travels with the team and monitors the conduct of student-athletes.
- Interfaces with the Equipment Manager to ensure that necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events.
- Monitors the condition of equipment. Requests repairs or replacement.
- Participates in clinics, exhibitions and camps.
- Represents the Department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events.
- Coordinates team transportation needs that require University and/or Departmental vehicles.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Understands and signs Academic Admission Policy Form.
- Complies with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
***Multiple positions are available.***
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Previous relevant experience is essential.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-McGugin Complex
Organization Student Athletics 170480