Front Desk Security Guard - Part-Time Evenings
Job ID 2013-52603
# Positions 1
Location US-CA-Citrus Heights
Posted Date 1/3/2014
Division Carrington College of California
The Security Guard provides safety and security to Carrington College students, staff, and visitors. Guards against damage to the campus by patrolling the grounds frequently and addressing any suspicious activity.
General Hours: Monday-Thurs 5pm-10:30pm and an occasional Saturday from 9am-1pm.
Hourly Pay: $10 - 15/hr DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(5pm - 7pm) Front Desk Duties:
- Greeting guests, answering phone, directing students and guests to the proper areas. To perform these duties, one must be computer literate, customer service oriented and able to multi-task.
(7pm - 10:30pm) Security Guard Duties:
- Patrols grounds and campus buildings frequently and inspects windows and doors to ensure the campus is secured. Patrols parking lots on a routine basis reporting anything notable to designated campus staff.
- Protects all campus property from theft, vandalism, or accidental damage.
- Notifies facilities of any maintenance problems with light fixtures, doors, windows, equipment or any other piece of campus property.
- Prepares security and activity reports as required.
- Responds to emergencies by executing policies and procedures relating to fires, tornados, earthquakes, bomb threats, and power outages and contacts local authorities as needed in coordination with facilities staff. Maintains order and safety of students and staff during emergencies.
- Maintains a full knowledge of the campus floor plan. Provides students and visitors information regarding the campus hours, location of classrooms, telephones, restrooms and emergency exits.
- Contacts police department regarding any theft at the campus. Ensures that a police report is filled out and a copy is retained. Notifies supervisors and the Dean of Students in accord with policies and procedures.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma.
- Must be computer literate, customer service oriented and able to multi-task.
- One to two years experience in a security guard position.
- Excellent communication and observation skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.