Director of Financial Stewardship and Vocational Planning
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Financial Aid Awarding
- Point person for posting merit scholarship awards for entering and continuing students.
- Liaison with Vanderbilt's Office of Student Financial Aid regarding federal need-based aid and student indebtedness.
- In collaboration with Assistant Dean for Admissions, Vocation, and Stewardship, establish financial modeling for target admissions numbers and merit scholarship distribution.
- Gather and analyze data on merit awards related to degree program, race, gender, international student, and graduation rates.
- Work with Development and Alumni Relations to support strong donor relationships and student involvement in financial aid.
Financial Stewardship Services
- Direct implementation of Lilly Endowment Inc. grant on student indebtedness, including sustaining relations with donors, developing required reports, and corresponding with peer schools in the program.
- Work with Asst. Dean for Student Life to develop and train a network of denominational liaisons and financial stewardship coaches to assist students in managing their indebtedness.
- Plan and implement theologically-attuned financial stewardship workshops for entering and graduating students.
- Develop resources (including web-based) that help students understand responsible, theologically-attuned stewardship of educational debt.
Vocational Planning and Career Services
- Direct implementation of Lilly Endowment Inc. grant on vocational discernment
- Sustaining relations with donors, developing required reports, and corresponding with peer schools in the program.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's level theological degree from ATS (Association of Theological Schools) accredited institution
- Experience in student affairs and/or career services
- This is a full-time, salaried position; hours are typically days, Monday - Friday, with flexibility needed as business dictates.
- Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Vanderbilt is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
This position requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Master's level theological degree from ATS preferred.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Divinity
Organization Divinity Deans Office 123100