Vice President for Advancement
Nature of Work
- Provide leadership and strategic focus to further the College’s development, alumni, marketing, communications, and community engagement initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategic plans and goals for Advancement aligned with the College’s mission and vision.
- Represent the College to various and diverse individuals and groups, including state and community business and civic leaders, Foundation board members, alumni and other donors.
- Collaborate with leaders of enrollment management and outreach to build the College’s image and foster engagement with external constituencies and communities.
- Assist and guide the Vice Presidents, CCGA Foundation, development staff, deans, directors, faculty, and staff with identifying and implementing strategies to increase private funding for College programs and capital needs as well as secure gifts and grants from private foundations and government sources.
- As the Executive Director of the CCGA Foundation, build and sustain a dynamic philanthropic corporation and promote thoughtful and productive relationships between the Foundation and the College.
- Assist the College President and the Board of Trustees in building and nurturing long‐term relationships that yield significant support from major gift donors.
- Support the College in creating, planning and preparing for major college events, groups and activities that advance the College at the local, state and national levels.
- Provide direction for day‐to‐day operations, formulate and manage budgets and develop staff competencies.
- Provide key perspective and counsel as a member of the College’s senior leadership team, serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- An earned master's degree and a minimum of seven years of demonstrated successful experience in fundraising, at least two of which must have been in higher education.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Competencies should include marketing experience, combined with energy, organizational skills and creativity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, data management and demonstrated working knowledge of the philanthropic aspects of tax law are essential.