Financial Aid Advisor
Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 350 Orleans
Home Department: Financial Aid
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 2009, TCS Education System is a nonprofit enterprise built on the premise that business success and social impact need not be mutually exclusive. Operating as an efficient business with a mission clearly rooted in advancing the greater good, the system includes: a network of specialized institutions that offer an effective approach to higher education; early childhood and K-12 schools that deliver progressive, evidence-based curriculum to change the face of childhood education in our nation; a foundation that attracts charitable contributions to support our schools and their social change endeavors; and more. Our ongoing business success coupled with our social change mission unifies our organization and distinguishes TCS Education System from any other educational system today.
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor to join the Online Financial Aid department.
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students in our online-blended programs with all aspects of financing their education, including establishing financial aid eligibility, clarifying policies, and providing accurate information on all financing options.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary contact for students with financial aid related questions by counsels incoming and current students on financial aid resources.
- Collecting and tracking financial documents in student information system to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Packaging, processing, and mailing financial aid award letters for new and continuing students.
- Presenting financial aid information via webinar for student information sessions and Open House Days.
- Attending Financial Aid workshops in order to up-to-date on the current financial aid topics.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant and/or Director of Financial Aid.
- Strong communication, customer service, and presentation skills, including a proven ability to interact and empathize successfully with different demographic populations.
- Detail orientation and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on a team and independently without close supervision.
- Technical skills to present live webinars.
- Willingness, flexibility, and desire to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of Title IV and other financial aid regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to two years of experience in a financial aid role.
- Experience with Campus View preferred.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
For more information about TCS Education System and our affiliates visit http://www.tcsedsystem.edu.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.