Patient Rep II
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Medicine - Cardiology Div
7:30 AM-4 PM
Exercising thorough knowledge of department policy and procedures, and with some latitude for initiative and judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties relating to the establishing of financial arrangements with patients or responsible third-party to cover hospital charges.
- Edits and reviews In-Patient and Out-Patient accounts to assure that they are complete, accurate and reflect the particular patient's financial responsibility.
- Exercising tact and judgment, interviews patients and/or responsible parties and may establish financial arrangements for charges.
- Processes commercial insurance claims when applicable. Refers to collectors for payment arrangements, if appropriate.
- Retains responsibility for patient bills until paid in full, editing follow-up bills originated by the computer and making contact with responsible parties when necessary to insure complete satisfaction of the account.
- May coordinate and/or train other lower classified clerical personnel as required.
AAS degree in business field plus 2 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.