Program Administrator II (Brookhaven)
Division: Inst - Brookhaven
Position Number: 021401004
Position Type: Administrative
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Appointment Type: Full Time
Is Grant Funded?: No
Salary: $48,413 - $84,723/Salary Range, Band 2
Work Days/Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm /Hours may vary
Posting Number: 02577
Job Description Summary/Essential Duties:
Position at Brookhaven College for the Instructional Division.
Responsible for managing the major functions of an instructional program including: planning, budget development and monitoring, program implementation, program evaluation, and may include selection and supervision of instructional and support personnel. Formal teaching responsibilities are included. (Teaching limited to less than 50% of regular faculty load). Works in a lead role for a particular discipline, degree or multiple program areas. Plans, develops and implements instruction for a particular area including curriculum development and revision. Determines compliance with industry standards appropriate to the program/discipline as required. May design processes for improved uses of technology and resources. Supervises, evaluates and manages faculty and staff, development of class schedule, textbook orders, room scheduling and other related program activities. Serves as primary contact with business, industry, other educational providers and community agencies. Develops and maintains industry and/or community partnerships and relationships with state and national organizations which benefit the program/discipline. Meets on a regular basis with Division Dean/Chair, faculty, program coordinators and other instructional support staff. Develops, promotes and evaluates assigned programs to achieve program goals and address program needs, including program/discipline-specific advising of students. Develops and administers assigned budget allocation. Performs assigned teaching responsibilities and preparations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The application alone is used to determine if minimum requirements are met.
- The completion of all related sections is required even if submitting a resume.
- Part time work experience counts as half time work experience. For example, 12 months of part time work equals 6 months full time work experience.
- When uploading personal documents such as transcripts, resumes, etc., please remove security sensitive information such as social security numbers and date of birth.
- Documents bearing this information will be removed from the online application system and your applications will be considered incomplete.
- Unofficial transcripts for any graduate degree(s) obtained are required at the time of application (to include all graduate work).
- A completed application packet includes: on-line application, resume and unofficial transcripts from each educational institution attended. If a transfer course is listed on your transcript, you are required to submit the transcript from that educational institution.
# of Months:
Close Date: 01/29/2014
Open Until Filled: No
Specific education and experience varies with assignment but will generally be a Master's degree or higher with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field and five years of related experience, including supervision and at least one year demonstrated teaching experience. Requires the ability to identify and integrate program activities, which serve diverse student populations. Ability to utilize computer technology in order to access data, generate reports, maintain data, and communicate with others. Oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with a wide student and employee population from diverse backgrounds. The ability to provide quality customer service. Official transcripts will be required at the time of interview. *Will be subject to a criminal background check.*
Position Specific Qualifications:
This position will involve the following:
- Direct and supervise the management all aspects of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) including compliance with accreditation principles and employee committees.
- Diagnose, plan and manage resource requirements for program including staffing, budgets, equipment, and program activities.
- Document and report activities as required.
- Collaborate with college and district personnel to evaluate, investigate, and resolve issues/concerns regarding the Plan and Plan compliance.
- Determines data collection related to student success to identify improvement areas.
- Develop and/or utilize statistical models to assess student learning outcomes.
- Serve as team leader in the development and oversight of electronic media and printed material related to the Plan.
- Participates in and provides professional development activities and other activities relating to the Plan.
- May supervise part-time or full-time staff.
- The most successful candidate should have proven expertise in planning and executing operational plans, managing projects and/or programs, budgeting and cost control.