Technical Assistance Specialist
This is a full-time, 32-hour per week, exempt term position lasting six months to one year.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Provides consultation to schools to support the development and implementation of strategies to promote positive school climate and reduce bullying and related behavioral problems. Establish and maintain working relationships with school personnel (principals, teachers, and others) to form partnerships and action plans to meet the requirements of the S3 grant as indicated by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Assist schools in developing and documenting strategies that address the school environment through collaboration with the principal, school leadership/school improvement team and utilize data to help schools identify areas that need intervention or student groups who need additional support. It is expected that they will also serve as a positive role model.
- Supervise Master's and Doctoral students who provide support to school personnel, i.e. attend site visits, availability for consulting with other members of the team and the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Contribute to S3 related projects including development of resources (i.e. professional development modules, online resources) to be provided through the S3 center and the Tennessee Department of Education dashboard.
- Complete other S3 projects (grant writing, policy briefs) as assigned.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or Social Service related field. Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience; 5 years' experience preferred in some management/coordination of social service position(s), preferably 2 years' experience in school or conducting school related research.
- Knowledge of: youth development programs including promotion of social and emotional learning, drug, alcohol and violence; and experience with social service agencies within communities.
- Good leadership ability, human relations and team building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Well-developed problem solving skills, including ability to analyze problems and develop solutions at multiple levels
- Able to: proactively anticipate project needs and solve problems; organize implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the school.
- This is a Term, 32-hour per week position.
- Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Vanderbilt is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience required. Master's and 3-5 years' experience preferred.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Mayborn
Organization Human & Organizational Dev 126250