Coordinator , Instructional Media Center
The Instructional Media Center Coordinator is responsible for media services provided to it's department. This role will develop goals and objectives for the Media Services department, ensure effective and efficient operations, work with leadership to assess and develop strategies to increase awareness of the department's communication strategies, develop internal communications, work with others to increase donor revenues, oversee promotion of key department events, manage department websites to include development and maintenance and direction for creative design projects.
Develop goals and objectives for the department based on interpretation of institutional policy and goals.
- Develop and maintain a culture of high energy, professionalism and creativity that secures results for the Department and Institution.
Formulate and implement administrative policy and procedures for Media Services operations and resource management.
- Plan to achieve goals or establish priorities.
- Help department understand, share and support vision.
- Initiate changes in or develop new policies, procedures and/or methods.
- Analyze long-range impact of decisions and plans
Ensure the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
- Ensure effective, rewarding operations through Vanderbilt Program Development & Process Improvement, as well as regular performance reviews.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of all work products; create and exceed customer service standards; develop and implement regular customer service survey.
- Produce new faculty practice announcements; newsletters; secure community outreach to increase doctor referrals to new physicians.
- Write and produce Department's Annual Report, continuing to upgrade format and delivery mechanisms for optimum target audience reach.
- Provide future direction of Department's web site, becoming knowledge expert on expanding web tools and routine web site upgrades.
Ensure the effective utilization of resources.
- Maintain and project annual Media Services budget to achieve financial targets and goals of Section.
- Develop and implement public relations campaigns for events, product/service launches, new surgical faculty and services, and established centers of excellence. Work with Vanderbilt Public Affairs in securing media hits and positioning the Department as a thought and innovation leader locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Work closely with Alumni and Development director to continually communicate the Department's innovations in an effort to secure ongoing philanthropic funding.
Create and exceed service standards utilizing key service dimension and from knowledge of patient/customer expectations and best practice.
- Direct and oversee all creative print designs, including brochures, posters, presentations, flyers, invitations, etc.
- Direct and coordinate all photography projects, ensuring top quality standards are met, while offering creative solutions to new and existing jobs.
- Resident photos
- Lab photos
- Photos/graphics to accompany PR efforts (newsletters, annual report, News & Innovations web column)
- Departmental/Division Composites
- Direct and produce effective departmental/division videos for educational, informational and "marketing" purposes.
- Direct and oversee web site development, maintenance and design.
- Develop image library of photos, images, graphics to be used as resource for future projects.
- Coordinate media management and conversion needs - back-up server, etc.
- Direct and pursue New Technology products and services, including podcasting and iTunesU, videoconferencing in OR, etc.
Serve as a technical resource in the area of instructional technology.
- Assist faculty and residents with Power Point presentations, illustrations, etc.
- Maintain Imaging Room equipment and resources.
- Maintain eProcurement purchases of video, DVDs, printer ink, photo paper, projector bulbs, etc.
Job requires Bachelor's and 3 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Organization Section of Surgical Sciences 104703