Assistant Football Coach
University of North Texas
Assistant Football Coach
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Conference USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Assistant Football Coach, under the direct supervision of the Head Coach of the respective athletics team, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program and team.
Job Duties Include:
* Coaches practice sessions or workouts as assigned; may be assigned to work with a specific group of student athletes on a regular basis. Assists in coaching during athletic events. May assist in maintaining statistics and coordinating with officials.
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same. Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
* Assists in scouting and recruiting activities; may be responsible for specific geographic area. Performs specific recruiting duties as assigned.
* May assist in the implementation of the academic program including monitoring of individual student athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, enforcement of study hall program, and providing referrals to the appropriate University resources.
* Works with student athletes and monitors their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
* Works with Athletics sports medicine and strength and conditioning personnel, and with physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
* May be responsible for coordinating one or more administrative functions as assigned.
* Speaks to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
* Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.
Bachelors degree required and three year of experience in coaching and/or playing in the respective sport, ideally at the intercollegiate Division I level.
Masters degree preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants
**Please submit a resume with the online application**
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.