Institutional Research Analyst
Location: The College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Dean's Office Col-Admin
Performs research, data manipulation and analysis in support of AS&E initiatives. Interprets the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting the information and/or the target audience. Develops formal reports and presentations in response to internal and external information requests. Consults with various constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements.
- Prepare data and develop presentations for AS&E Senior Leadership Retreats and Annual Reports: Collect and prepare student enrollment and faculty research productivity data for AS&E deans' retreat, department chairs' retreat, College senior administrators' retreat Hajim School chairs' retreat, Faculty Council and other annual gatherings. Collaborate with Hajim School administrators to prepare additional reports specific to the Hajim School. Data collection and presentation tools include Cognos (Query Studio & Report Studio), COEUS, FRS, IPEDS, ASEE, COFHE, PowerPoint, Key Note FileMaker, Tableau (and possibly SAS an SPSS). Use knowledge and experience to effectively represent data and communicate findings.
- Ad hoc Reports and Data Requests: Design queries to retrieve data including peer data from multiple internal and external sources. Understand how to fully utilize these resources. Evaluate the relevancy of information gathered. Design reports to effectively display information. Ad hoc requests cover a range of topics including data related to faculty recruiting, admissions, student ethnicity and citizenship, retention and graduations rates, enrollment trends, summer enrollment, graduate enrollment, faculty research, as well as grant applications and proposals. Solicit and retrieve student, faculty, staff, space, research and grant data from multiple University sources.
- Collect and report data for external surveys: Collect student enrollment data and faculty and research data to complete external surveys including ASEE Engineering Technology, ASEE salary survey, ASEE retention and time to degree surveys, EWC enrollment, EWC degree, US News Graduate Engineering survey, Open Doors (study abroad) survey, COFHE SORT and others. Primary contact for the Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and their external survey publications and survey ranking organizations.
- Cognos & Tableau Development: Build and modify queries in the student data warehouse. Develop standard reports to improve the quality and consistency of IR reports with a focus on building a foundation to make self service reporting of key metrics more widely available to departments. Accuracy and consistency is essential. Recommend enhancements to the data warehouse.
- Fact-sheets, Standard Reports, Newsletters: Collect and prepare data for AS&E fact sheet, Hajim dashboard, Engineering Newsletter, websites, recruitment brochures and PI resource website.
Bachelor's degree (prefer Master's degree) and one to two years of experience in higher education data analysis and a background in statistical and/or quantitative analysis and research techniques. Experience with data warehouse tools preferably Cognos, Tableau, and FileMaker. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote. Experience with SPSS or SAS helpful. Ability to assemble and interpret meaningful data; skill in comprehensive report preparation; anticipating appropriate report format, design, and visuals for target audience; ability to present and communicate information clearly and effectively verbally, in writing and in graphic form. Ability to work collaboratively with others; ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments, organize work, make decisions and function independently and work well within limited time constrains, meeting deadlines.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.