Dean, Mathematics & Science Division
The dean is a senior administrator at the college who has authority over the Math/Science division. S/he reports to the Vice President of Student Learning and serves as a resource for the College’s students, parents and faculty.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the Mathematics and Sciences Division.
- Provide leadership in support of the College’s academic and workforce mission
- Oversee the day-to-day functioning of the Mathematics and Sciences division
- Coordinate and schedule the division curricular offerings.
- Serve as a liaison for the College in the scientific community
- Prepare and manage the Mathematics and Sciences Division budget.
- Manage the division workload.
- Assist in the resolution of student issues
- Manage the Pre-Professional Program.
- Mentor new and tenure track faculty.
- Evaluate all faculty and division staff
- Continue to support and improve the work at the observatory.
- Serve on various committees as needed.
- Earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in Mathematics or Science
- Five (5) or more years of full time higher education teaching experience
- Evidence of leadership skills
- A commitment to effective strategies to facilitate student completion and success
- Ability and commitment to working collaboratively within the unified TBR community college system
- Ability and commitment to working collaboratively with faculty and college administration
- Ability to manage the division workload including the use of adjunct faculty
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage operating budget effectively
Applications accepted online only. To apply for these positions please go to: www.roanestate.edu/humanresources.
Roane State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Certificates, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science & Associate of Applied Science degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Roane State Community College.
RSCC-EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA Employer.