Program Assistant III
Job Location Old Main - 1922 F St NW - FB0122
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom
Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA)
College/School/Department: Not Applicable
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Internal Applicants Only? No
Position Type: Support Staff
Posting Number: Staff - 003053
Working Title: Program Assistant III
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Grade: 13
Recruitment Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification, Credit
If other was selected above, or there are special requirements, please explain.
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Emergency Designation: No
Job Open Date: 12/13/2013
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicant Review Will Commence On:
III. JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
Job Description Summary:
Bachelors degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus two years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Manages non-degree students' applications and enrollment processes.
- Maintains online application systems, updating content.
- Works with faculty and staff to maintain efficient processes for managing non-degree student applications and registration.
- Reviews applications, following up with students for supporting documents, while meeting standards for turnaround time for decisions.
- Ensures compliance with University policies and data integrity.
- Coordinates upload of approved applications into Banner.
- Notifies applicants of the status of their application and provides information on registration and GW's academic and financial policies.
- Processes registration Transactions Forms for closed courses, drop/adds, withdrawals and other registration adjustments.
- Processes student petitions, change of grade forms, and updates and corrections to student records.
Responsible for the fiscal operations of Summer and Special Programs and the Office of Non-Degree Students to include:
- Processing student payments for special programs.
- Preparing and submitting tuition tables for special programs.
- Tracking application payments and wire transfers.
- Applying tuition awards and rate codes for student cohorts in special programs; coordinates third-party billing.
- Responding to and resolving billing issues for non-degree students.
Supports data management and reporting for ONDS and Summer and Special Programs including:
- Generates regular and ad-hoc application and enrollment reports to assist program directors in program recruitment and management.
- Works with the Assistant Provost to track and report summer and special program projections.
- Assists in the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Prepares statistical and financial reports as requested.
Recommends changes to office policies and processes to comply with University policies and procedures to maximize resource effectiveness.
- Serves as a back up for submitting time and attendance, ordering supplies and fix-it requests.
- Assists, as needed, in meetings with current and prospective non-degree students, to explain GW's policies and procedures and to respond to student questions and problems.
- Represents Summer and Special Programs and ONDS at unit events and at university committees and meetings.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.