Assistant Dean For Regulatory and Governmental Affairs, School of Nursing
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Dean for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs within the School of Nursing.
Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs within the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing , also known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The School has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing three times and as the Best School for Men in Nursing by the American Assembly for Men in Nursing five times. It is also home to the Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
This position is a non-tenured, full-time, year-round administrative position with competitive compensation.
The Assistant Dean for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs is a member of the nursing leadership team who works with the Dean and members of the executive staff in responding to regulatory issues. The Assistant Dean develops and maintains effective working relationships with state boards of nursing as well as other regulatory staff and develops strategic communication approaches for all nursing degree programs. The position reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing.
- Provide leadership and coordination of all regulatory and governmental affairs impacting the School of Nursing.
- Work collaboratively with College leadership as well as professional and
community leaders to assure congruence between regulations for licensure and
College initiatives and activities.
- Continuously survey the regulatory environment for potential challenges to the Excelsior model for nursing education and licensure for Excelsior graduates.
- Explore new options for meeting regulatory requirements and coordinate established state specific precepted clinical experiences.
- Represent Excelsior College at appropriate national and state governmental and regulatory meetings.
- Provide administrative/managerial direction:
- Participate in institution-wide strategic planning and the annual budgetary process.
- Provide leadership in proactively delivering quality service to students as it relates to meeting licensure requirements, including supervision of State Board Team staff.
- Communicate with other College units about regulatory issues as needed
- Serve as a member of college-wide committees as appointed.
- Assist in outreach and promotion of the nursing degree programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans for promotion of the degree programs.
- Assist in identifying new markets and developing collaborative relationships with
- Represent Excelsior College at academic conferences, professional meetings and
Travel: Frequent overnight travel is required.
Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State
Masters Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required, doctorate preferred
Experience in nursing education
Demonstrated leadership and management ability
Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, nontraditional education of adults
Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Application Information: : The formal screening process is beginning immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references online via: http://www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by or mail to:
Assistant Dean for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs
Office of Human Resources
7 Columbia Circle, Albany,
New York 12203-5159