Assistant Director of Admissions
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Simon Grad Sch Business Admin
8 AM-5 PM; INC WKENDS
To function as Senior Admissions Officer for the Simon School's Master's Programs (full and part time). To market the School's programs to groups and individuals; interview and provide follow-up information to applicants; significant program and project management; travel for recruitment purposes; research and write reports for program assessment.
With limited direction and considerable latitude for exercising independent judgment and decision making:
- Oversee individual and mass outreach to prospective students who have not yet applied for full-time MBA or MS study, including identification and prioritization of prospective candidates and relationship management through follow up to on- and off-campus events, recruitment travel, web prospects, general inquiries, and GMAT and GRE test-takers.
- Conduct pre-application assessments and informational meetings with candidates to sell the School and provide preliminary evaluation on candidates for admission; assess and communicate admissions requirements; explains program requirements to applicants and to others. This requires significant knowledge of the Simon School and requires independent judgment to assess the qualities of each applicant.
- Travel domestically and internationally for approximately 8 weeks per year (day, partial week or full week trips for international travel) for recruitment purposes. Represents the Simon Business School at Inside the MBA, QS World, MBA Tour, Kaplan – Road to Business School, Forte, MLT and Consortium for Graduate Study in Management events. Additional undergraduate visits are required within assigned territory to meet with placement directors and key faculty members.
- Enhance and identify web-based content to best market and sell the Simon Business School. Complete ad hoc projects as assigned related to recruitment and marketing Simon.
- Use Hobsons Connect and Apply Yourself for prospect tracking, emailing, and reporting. Commit to tracking prospects and updating statuses within CRM on a regular basis.
- Work occasional weekends and evenings to support recruitment events and yield events as assigned.
- Make recommendations for admission and scholarships as applicable. Interviews candidates as needed in support of the Admissions and Enrollment team.
Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years (prefer 3-4 years) experience in business development, marketing or admissions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's work/degree and working knowledge of MBA and MS programs preferred. Requires strong interpersonal/personal selling skills and customer service focus; attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects; relationship management and development; cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity; strong computer and database management skills. Valid NYS motor vehicle license and passport are necessary.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.