: Staff and AdministratorsSubscribe:
: UA-Clark Fund-Gnl,Student Solici 7220Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Feb 9, 2024Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time - ExemptPosition ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
The Clark Advancement Leaders Program uniquely combines full-time employment in the Advancement team with an embedded Executive Certificate in Philanthropic Fundraising.
Members of the cohort will be equipped with clearly defined goals and performance metrics, essential for guiding their work and progress throughout the program. These goals and metrics are not only pivotal for individual development but also for ensuring alignment with the broader objectives of the Advancement team.
This program is an invitation to join a vibrant community dedicated to making a difference in the world of philanthropy and in you. You'll not only gain invaluable skills and knowledge but also become part of a network committed to transformative change.
For more information about the Clark Advancement Leaders Program please visit here.
Clark University seeks a results-oriented individual to join a strategic team of professionals in its annual giving program, The Clark Fund. Currently a $2.8 million per year program, the Clark Fund seeks significant growth as the University works toward advancing its fundraising operation. Under leadership of the Executive Director of Alumni & Friends Engagement and The Clark Fund, this position will work collaboratively with the University Advancement team to solicit new and increased gifts to The Clark Fund, steward donors, and cultivate alumni engagement.
- Serves as a frontline fundraiser responsible for the retention, upgrade, and solicitation, of non-leadership annual donors to The Clark Fund of $500 and up. Comfort with making personalized solicitations, and daily use of video, phone, and email are needed for success in this role.
- Plays a key role in solicitations during annual campaigns and giving days including the Cougar Challenge, Spree for Clark, calendar-year end, fiscal-year end, and others.
- Tracks all prospect outreach and information and produces contact reports in a timely fashion.
- Assists colleagues in managing reunion classes and key volunteer groups.
- Tracks trends in annual giving donor activity, focusing on donor retention and upgrades.
- Other duties related to The Clark Fund as assigned
- Applicants should have a minimum of one year of fundraising experience or a comparable position in sales or marketing.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of soliciting gifts for an annual fund
- Exceptional attention to detail and stewarding confidential information
- Strong computer skills are required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required as well as occasional travel within New England.
As of June 1, 2023 Clark University no longer requires employees or students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, Clark urges all community members to follow CDC guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination, which recommend that everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines including booster doses. This is important for your own personal health as well as the health of our community.
At Clark University, we are dedicated to building a workplace that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We believe that diversity of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to a more innovative and productive work environment. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our hiring practices, employee development programs, and campus culture. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to join our team and contribute their unique ideas to help us achieve our goals.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To review the Clark University Police Department Annual Security and Fire Safety Report visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Statement of purpose (500-600 words) should identify your professional and educational goals and why the Clark Advancement Leaders Program would be the right program for you.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.