Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Department of Cancer Biology at the University of Cincinnati has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow supported by NCI R01 grants to study transcriptional and epigenetic gene regulation in breast cancer metastasis and therapeutic resistance. The Zhang laboratory (https://med.uc.edu/zhanglab) currently focuses on elucidating the role and molecular mechanisms of gene- and tissue-specific transcriptional cofactors and small RNAs (e.g. miRNA, enhancer RNA) in these processes in breast cancer cells and tumor microenvironment [ACS Nano (2017) 11(1):335, Cancer Research(2018) 78(2):422, Estrogen Receptor and Breast Cancer – Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Discovery of ER (1sted, 2019, Springer Nature), Dev Cell (2021)56(3):341, Cell Reports (2021) 34(10):108822]. We are using a combination of biochemical, molecular, multi-omics, and mouse genetic (conditional knockout, mutant knock in, and overexpression)approaches. We are also currently developing RNA-based nano-therapeutics to target these cofactors and small RNAs to overcome the therapeutic resistance of human breast cancer.Essential Functions
- Perform and conduct the research required by the faculty supervisor to a high standard and in accordance with allinstitutional and federal regulations.
- Prepare data reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results and assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities and play an active role in seeking careerand research advice.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or a related field.Required Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
Prior experience with animal studies, small RNAs, or tumor microenvironment is a plus.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE