Research Services Program Manager - 31980 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Adult and Child Center for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science Job Title: Research Services Program Manager Position: # 00817898 – Requisition: #31980 Job Summary:
The Adult and Child Center for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science is seeking a Research Support Manager to oversee two 5-year, NIH-funded studies: 1) a longitudinal cohort study, and 2) an intervention study, which are being conducted by Dr. Jerica Berge (the Principal Investigator). This position also oversees two additional ancillary studies, for a total of four research projects. In addition, this position will coordinate across two other study sites including the University of Minnesota and University of Georgia. This position will provide professional guidance regarding the conduct/flow of the research projects and is critical in the design of research processes. This position will also provide specialized guidance in data collection/measurement such as Nutrition (through their training as a Registered Dietitian) and in conducting dietary assessments in children and adults using their expertise in NDS-R software and anthropometry. In addition, they will supervise intervention staff who will engage in health behavior change techniques (i.e., Motivational Interviewing). Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee hiring, training, supervising, and performance evaluations for two large research teams, including staff, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows
- Working in coordination with the Principal Investigator and across study sites (i.e., University of Minnesota and University of Georgia), oversee all aspects of four research studies, including planning, protocol creation, budget management, meeting timelines, etc.
- Serve as study expert on measurement including anthropometry, dietary assessment measurements, including developing dietary assessment protocols, training in NDS-R software, and utilizing Nutrition background to create best practices, and objective measures such as video-recorded meals, and ecological momentary assessment/Health.
- Manage and direct communications and reporting between research teams, including co-investigators, analysts, study staff, and across sites.
- Oversee dissemination plans for all research studies
Hybrid – This role is in person but can have a hybrid work from home option of up tp 2 days. Why Join Us:
ACCORDS is a research center supporting the advancement of health services research and T3-T4 translational research jointly funded by the School of Medicine and Children's Hospital Colorado Research Institute. ACCORDS serves as the focal point for health care professionals, researchers, and analysts from across the Anschutz Medical Campus to foster multidisciplinary collaborations that bring together our campus' diverse skills and talents to pursue health services research and education. In addition, ACCORDS cultivates strong research and educational collaborations with external partners including the University of Colorado School of Public Health, Children's Hospital Colorado, Denver Health, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, UCHealth, as well as other health care delivery systems, community organizations, and state and local government agencies. ACCORDS has programs in Dissemination and Implementation Science, Patient-Centered Decision Making, Education, Community Engagement and Outreach, as well as methodological cores in Qualitative and Mixed Methods, Economic Analysis, Practice-Based Research Networks (PBRNs), Biostatistics for Health Services Research, and Mobile Health & Informatics.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis
- Four (4) year clinical research or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in public health or similar field
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Twelve (12) years relevant experience
- Experience supervising a large team, including being responsible for hiring, directing work, performance review, etc.
- Proficiency in REDCap data management system
- Experience with collecting data from diverse participants using ecological momentary assessment
- Extensive record of academic publications, including as a first author
- Experience with community-based participatory research
- Experience managing regulatory requirements related to human subjects research.
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience collecting biological measurements.
How to Apply:
- Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology medical terminology
- Ability to interpret and master complex research protocol information
- Knowledgeable in qualitative research, including interviews and focus groups, qualitative coding, and using Nvivo software
- Familiarity with NIH grant mechanisms and experience preparing NIH grant proposals
- In-depth knowledge of Human Subjects Protections and Good Clinical Practices
- Measurement (i.e., dietary, anthropometry) skills
- Data management skills
- Health Behavior Change techniques (i.e., Motivational Interviewing Skills)
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Kate Noonan, firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by December 15, 2023. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $66,472 - $84,552
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Research Services Primary Location
: Hybrid Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21628 - SOM-COHO CTR GENERALOPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jan 10, 2024 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Kate Noonan Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00817898
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency