At Hofstra University, intellectual curiosity is not just aspirational – it is central to how we engage on a daily basis. Hofstra faculty work within a diverse scholarly community committed to student success, intellectual discovery, free inquiry, inclusivity, and collaboration.Position Title:
Enrolling more than 10,000 students, Hofstra offers students an array of undergraduate and graduate academic programs spanning the arts, humanities, sciences, business, engineering, law, health care, communications, and more.
Our accomplished faculty collaborate with students to explore interdisciplinary questions and produce innovative research that lays the foundation for future personal and professional success. With a beautiful campus in Hempstead, NY, Hofstra’s location seamlessly merges the tranquility of coastal suburban living with the boundless opportunities of nearby New York City.
Hofstra University seeks candidates who will contribute to a supportive climate for students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Adjunct Faculty, Computer SciencePosition Number:
School of EngineeringDepartment:
Department of Computer ScienceDescription:
The Department of Computer Science in the DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science is pleased to invite applications for multiple adjunct positions.Strong candidates with the expertise and ability to develop and teach courses in all areas of computer science are encouraged to apply. Industry experience is a plus. This is a position in the Department of Computer Science.
- Faculty members are expected to provide sound foundations combined with practical, hands-on projects/experiences.
- The programs in the department are experiencing rapid growth.
- The department offers BA and BS degrees in Computer Science, BS in Computer Engineering, BS in Computer Science and Mathematics, BS in Cybersecurity and Computer Science, and MS degrees in Computer Science, Data Science and in Cybersecurity Technology.
- The department is housed in the newly constructed Science & Innovation Center which boasts state-of-the-art academic and computing facilities.
Responsibilities:- Effective teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses, as assigned at the time of hire.
- Collaborate with colleagues on course content and assessment.- Assess and grade student performance accurately and promptly, particularly as related to accreditation efforts.- Provide feedback, mentorship and guidance to students.- Stay updated on the latest trends, tools, and technologies in their field of expertise.Qualifications:
Preferred Quals Summary:
- MS in Computer Science or closely related field. Exceptional candidates without a master’s who have demonstrated sustained industry and leadership in the field of computing will be considered.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in an educational environment.
- Computer Graphics
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Prompt Engineering
- Programming languages and systems
Please upload the following with your application for consideration:
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and highlighting your most relevant qualifications and experiences, relevant teaching experience or philosophy
- Curriculum vitae
- Title, name, address, email and phone of three references which are able to provide recommendation letters upon request
Positions are opened until filled. Inquiries should be directed to Dept. of Computer Science Chair, Dr. Gerda Kamberova, Gerda.L.Kamberova@hofstra.eduDeadline:
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.Salary/Salary Range:
$1,387-$2,500 per credit