CAPE Tech Support Professional (20% or .20 FTE Part-time) - 31957 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: School of Medicine Dean's Office – Center for Advancing Professional Excellence (CAPE) Job Title: CAPE Tech Support Professional (20% or .20FTE) (IT Intermediate Professional) Position #00810210 – Requisition #31957 Job Summary:
This part- time position is located at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Center for Advancing Professional Excellence (CAPE). CAPE provides modern medical simulation education that incorporates clinical scenarios, clinical instructors, mannequins of varying degrees of fidelity, and learners at any level of training into a robust teaching and learning environment. The CAPE is comprised of 14 full-time team members and over 80 part-time standardized patients and teaching associates.
This 20% or .20 FTE position will be based in a fast-paced, challenging, state-of-the-art clinical simulation environment. The person in this position will ensure all CAPE technologies are functioning properly and work to resolve any issues in collaboration with equipment vendors and university shared services. This person will provide in-person support at the CAPE satellite site in Ft. Collins to ensure smooth session operations and utilization of the simulation A/V learning management system in Ft. Collins. The work shift will vary slightly during the year. The regular workday is Thursday of each week. However, during the traverse assessment weeks (5 weeks out of the year), the work hours for the week will either be Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday to run the assessments. Key Responsibilities: Technology Support – 70%
Technology Maintenance – 20%
- Act as the initial in-person point of contact for all technology-related concerns from team members, learners, faculty and clients as it relates to the learning management system and A/V infrastructure at the Ft. Collins satellite location.
- Run A/V control and monitor all sessions to ensure paging, video, capture of META data and systems function correctly.
- Collaborate with the CAPE technology lead, system vendors, A/V vendors, SOM Shared IT services, and/or OIT personnel to troubleshoot any A/V system issues.
- Collaborate with CAPE team, OIT, and A/V vendors to troubleshoot networks, servers, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Interact with users to determine problems, analyze situations, identify the source of the problems, determine appropriate solutions and take proper actions required to solve the problems.
- Coordinate technology-related projects and assignments as needed
- Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, and training tasks to ensure optimal technology performance and user experience.
- Create training materials pertaining to technology troubleshooting and usage.
- Serve as technology resource to the team for use of the simulation A/V learning management system.
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings with CAPE project lead and client to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems.
Other – 10%
- Work with the appropriate campus resources and vendors to resolve technical issues related to the A/V learning management system.
- Maintain technology assets software and hardware for use and integration in simulation education modalities. This includes but is not limited to audio, video, and learning management system components.
Why Join Us:
- Utilize a project management application to organize and delegate project specific tasks.
- Maintain technical expertise to effectively manage A/V equipment and technologies and enforce proper usage and operation by authorized personnel.
- Attend briefings/debriefings/meetings with CAPE team members, clients, and project teams.
- Provide a conduit to the public and University communities about the Center.
- Perform other duties as required.
The CAPE is a national and international centerpiece of educational and assessment innovation, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus. At the core of the CAPE's work is a dedication to and a passion for producing humanistic and scientifically grounded health
professionals, using innovative methods to educate and assess the essential skills needed by these professionals to serve the citizens of Colorado and beyond. The CAPE also conducts research on the nature and quality of communication between health care professionals and patients, physical examination teaching and learning, high fidelity simulation, and other topics. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in technology, computer science, educational field, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 1 year experience supporting and troubleshooting technology related programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct project management experience or certification is preferred.
- Simulation technology experience including learning management systems, manikins, task trainers, etc…
- Previous experience with simulation center software platforms, EMS, B-Line, Laerdal, etc.
- Previous experience with VR, AR, and XR.
- At least 2 years of experience in a higher education environment or technology support.
How to Apply:
- Ability to gather and manipulate data in an efficient and organized manner.
- Ability to manage large-scale projects efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of the simulation field.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people including members of the Center, Anschutz Medical Campus, clients from within and outside the institution, students, proctors, and teaching associates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to be well organized and work effectively on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Computer skills, including ability to work with the following programs (SharePoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Melissa Giardina- email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as $11,200-$13,000 for .20FTE (20%).
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Information Technology Primary Location
: Fort Collins Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21351 - SOM-DEAN EO LL CAPE Schedule
: Part-time Posting Date
: Nov 30, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Melissa Giardina Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00810210
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency