Faculty Support Assistant - 30886 Classified Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: College of Nursing Job Title: Faculty Support Assistant Position #: 00609999 – Requisition #: Job Summary:
The Faculty Support Assistant will implement a full range of administrative support tasks and processes for the Clinical Teaching and Research faculty while staffing the CU Nursing Faculty Support Desk. This position's administrative focuses include word processing, maintaining electronic and paper filing systems, scheduling meetings, and handling all logistics for assigned meetings, and various other duties and tasks. This position will also support various faculty standing committees with logistical support with booking rooms, setting up remote meeting options, taking meeting minutes, etc. Finally, this position will support logistics related to faculty recruitment as assigned. Key Responsibilities:
Administrative Support (60%)
- Provide consistent and high-quality administrative support to assigned Faculty within the CU College of Nursing.
- Faculty Support Requests should be processed within established deadlines and at the highest level of service with consistent execution.
- Categories of faculty administrative support may include printing, copying, scanning, ordering desk copies, meeting logistics (room reservations, remote meeting setup, etc.), ordering parking codes as requested, processing mailing requests, providing basic computer support to faculty, basic document editing, formatting as well as basic document creation.
- Coordinate faculty committee meetings, as assigned, including room scheduling, location, notification of members, distribution of reminder letter, and agenda.
- Attend assigned meetings, record minutes, and distribute minutes and appropriate attachments to all members.
- Expedite and distribute outgoing and incoming mail daily.
Human Resources Support (25%)
- Supports HR functions within the College of Nursing related to faculty, including but not limited to: Filing faculty forms, including evaluation forms in established folders and following established policies and procedures; helping faculty fill out appropriate forms to support their requests and helps in routing forms through the HR team for processing; supporting recruitment processes as assigned by scheduling rooms, setting up remote meeting options, copying and collating materials as needed, helping candidates on their interview days, and other recruitment logistical tasks as assigned.
Travel Arrangements and Expense Processing (15%)
Work Location: Onsite
- Interact with community, student population, faculty, administration, and staff to maintain effective work relationships and communication patterns.
- Answer telephone in several capacities: provide answers to inquiries regarding division faculty including verbal and written communication with students, and outside agencies, communicating with faculty and staff.
- Conduct computer correspondence through E-mail.
– this role is expected to work onsite and is located in at the College of Nursing in Aurora, CO. Why Join Us:
CU Nursing is an amazing place to be. We have the distinct advantage of being a part of a huge medical campus with three incredible hospitals – the VA, the nationally ranked University of Colorado Hospital, and the Children's Hospital Colorado where our nursing students and faculty learn every day. From our beginning 125 years ago as part of the School of Medicine at CU Boulder to our current home at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the college has been a recognized leader in nursing education (ranked #10 in online MS graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report 2023). Our faculty, students and staff have been instrumental in shaping the profession of nursing and teaching the next generation of nurses while treating patients in our own nurse-led clinics. Be a part of an innovative, dynamic, diverse, and exciting workplace -- helping make great things happen. Join us in our quest to boldly transform health together.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Two years of general clerical, human resources, customer service or administrative service experience.
- SUBSTITUTION: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for experience on a year- for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with students, faculty, and/or staff within the University of Colorado system.
- Experience Microsoft Suite Software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Experience scheduling, coordinating and providing support for meetings and special events.
How to Apply:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure accuracy in work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Skilled in document management (creation, organization, maintenance and dissemination).
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
3. Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Shay Edmonds, firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins after posting closes on August 29, 2023. Anticipated Salary Range:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $3,160 to $3,666 per month ($37,920 to $43,992 per year).
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position may be eligible for overtime compensation depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4823894&targetURL=
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Special Instructions to Applicants: Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates. Job Category
: Administrative Support and Related Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Feb 22, 2024 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Shay Edmonds Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00609999
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency