JOB TITLE: Student Success Data Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Salary)
DEPARTMENT: Student Success and Engagement (SSE)
REPORTS TO: SSE Director of Communication and Strategic Engagement
JOB STATUS: Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
LOCATION: Hybrid (2-days on-site)
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
Using the vast amount of data collected across the Division of SSE, this position reports to the SSE Director of Communication and Strategic Engagement to identify student behavioral patterns pertaining to students’ experience at Dominican, effectively helping the division visualize and enact steps towards supporting student success. The Student Success Data Analyst is accountable for using data to create solutions and to enhance the university’s ability to make data-informed decisions.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports full spectrum of data analysis pipeline including data gathering, processing, analysis, and management
- Collaborate with Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) & other campus partners to create and manage data collection tools (surveys) that align with SSE strategic goals
- Develop and maintain projects and data visualizations (such as dashboards) that enable SSE staff to make data-informed decisions
- Reporting to SSE Director of Communication and Strategic Engagement: Analyze student learning and engagement trends using data-driven techniques to provide strategic and tactical recommendations for advisors, students, and support staff to actualize student success.
- In collaboration with OIE, provide campus partners, such as faculty advisors, with student engagement and academic performance data to guide best practices for enrollment, retention, and graduation outcomes.
- Make recommendations to refine communication flow to students based on inferences gleaned through analysis.
- Reporting through Slate for communication segmentation
- Conduct communication trend analysis through the use of student assessment, and data analysis through our CRM
- Assist in the development of sound data practices by serving on cross-departmental committees related to record-keeping, research, and analytics for the university
- Cross-divisional collaboration with IT and EM&M to troubleshoot database management and technical support for division
All qualifications are required unless otherwise indicated.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Commitment to ethical practices in use of student data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SPSS or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Investigative mindset, problem-solver, creative/out-of-the-box thinker
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build working relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work independently and manage both time-sensitive and long-term projects
- 3-5 years' experience or Master's in Data Analytics, Information Management or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in data visualization & data storytelling
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey applications
A background screening is required.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.