Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
Through basic and applied research in the arts, sciences, technology-fields, and the humanities, UC faculty and students are creating innovative and sustainable solutions to problems that matter. The Strategic Programs & Initiatives (SPI) unit in the Office of Research provides the critical infrastructure that UC faculty and students require to take their ideas to the next level; collaborate freely across colleges and disciplines; fuse fruitful research partnerships with clinical, government, community, and corporate partners; and be more competitive for high value awards and fellowships recognized as particularly prestigious by the Association of American Universities (AAU), the Top American Research Universities (TARU) and the Center for Measuring University Performance (CMUP). SPI advances scientific exploration, creative expression, and the production of new knowledge.
The Digital Content Specialist (DCS) will serve the UC Office of Research as technical writer. This position plays a vital role in enhancing the office's communication efforts. This position primarily involves writing and editing engaging public relations content for newsletters, websites, social media, and a variety of other Office of Research communications platforms. The DCS will contribute to a dynamic team of young professionals, the Digital Futures Outreach & Engagement team, and will be responsible for ensuring that all content aligns with the office's mission, values, and strategic objectives.Essential Functions
- Create content for distribution across multiple channels, including websites, marketing collateral and social media.
- Review, copyedit, approve, and publish digital content.
- Enforce the university’s web style guide, and advocate for the CMS.
- Serve as a resource for standards, best practices and guidelines around brand, visual identity, information architecture, content, and accessibility. Assist with strategies for keeping content fresh and dynamic.
- Lead accessibility education programs and best practices for university’s content management authors.
- Work closely with university’s technical support team to ensure accessibility, functionality and performance of university’s digital platforms, specifically ensuring compliance with sections 504 and 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Offer frontline Adobe AEM CMS support and training to web content editors.
- Centralized positions may act as the liaison between the central Digital Communications team and positions with decentralized responsibility for editing web pages. May coordinate the university’s digital editorial calendar.
- May manage the university’s selected content management system.
- Craft compelling narratives and stories that highlight research achievements, initiatives, and events within the university community.
- Ensure consistency in messaging across different communication channels.
- Conduct research and interviews with researchers, faculty, and staff to gather accurate and up-to-date information for content creation.
- Coordinate content schedules and deadlines, ensuring timely delivery of materials for production.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- One (1) year of experience related to content creation, web content management, social media management, or marketing communications.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- Proven experience in writing and editing public relations content for newsletters, websites, or similar platforms.
- Strong command of the English language with excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate complex research topics into clear, engaging, and accessible content.
- Familiarity with multimedia content integration and basic knowledge of content management systems (CMS).
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of higher education and research environments.
Please complete and online application and submit:
Please use the ‘Additional Documents’ option as needed for these documents. A resume and a cover letter are required as part of the application process. Attach these documents before submitting your application.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE