PROGRAM MANAGER, IS&T Project Management Tracking Code23500609531123Job Description
Want to be at the cutting edge of research and innovation on a vibrant, dynamic campus shaping the future of education? Were seeking applicants with diverse skills and experience to join the Boston University Information Services & Technology (IS&T) community.
Our Project Management team is looking for Program Manager who will be responsible for IT program management and execution of technology projects in the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Program starting with the Salesforce Digital Alumni Engagement Implementation initiative.
The person in this position will oversee the BU DAR related project workstreams to ensure successful delivery and will be the single point of contact for Salesforce Direct Consulting's (SFDC) engagement activities. The Program Manager will be a member of the Governance Team and will coordinate the work of project managers, create and maintain interlocking schedules for the projects in the program, track program interdependencies, maintain and present program status, as well as track, manage, address, and report program level risks/issues. The Program Manager will report program budget, will work with the DAR Product Owner and other clients to make program decisions and will provide potential program impact of those decisions to SFDC, project sponsors, and University leadership.
The Program Manager will need to have proven experience leveraging the Agile/Scrum methodology to ensure the project delivery, consistent with program priorities, agreed upon scope, timeframe, and budget. The Program Manager has direct supervision responsibility for a project manager and two business analysts within the program. This person will hire, manage, and develop these employees who are integral to the delivery of the Program Manager's projects. The Program Manager will also manage the strategic level relationship between IS&T, DAR and other key stakeholders.
Boston University offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Time Off: In addition to generous time off, BU employees have a paid intersession break, and 13 paid holidays.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 2 years of eligible service
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program for yourself and family members
- Transportation: BU offers a discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute
- Wellness: BU offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including workshops and personal counseling, please check out https://www.bu.edu/wellness/ for more information!
- Culture & Community: BU also offers access to discounts or free admission to various city art/cultural institutes around Boston
Our mission is to provide best-in-class technology and data services to support outstanding education, groundbreaking research, effective administration, and a connected, secure community to Boston University, one of the largest private employers in Boston with almost 10,000 faculty and staff BU.
IS&T invests in our staff and their personal and professional growth. We promote staff learning including lunch and learn sessions, an extensive library of online courses, and opportunities to engage with peers at NERCOMP and EDUCAUSE events. Our Fun Advisory Board (FAB) arranges a number of events throughout the year; recent events included a night a Lucky Strikes Boston, karaoke night, BU hockey game, and a night at Symphony Hall.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.
The ideal candidate will be excited to join an energetic team focused on delivering high quality projects in partnership with our clients.
Specific requirements are:
- Has a proven track record of delivering complex, strategically important projects using the Agile/Scrum project methodology
- Can demonstrate their experience of successfully deploying Salesforce CRM projects based on a deep understanding of the Salesforce product suite
- Has worked successfully in a client-oriented team environment
- Has experience in process re-engineering, requirements elicitation, and creating and maintaining related project documentation
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to collaborate with clients and provide out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- B.A./B.S. Required, master's degree and additional project management certifications are preferred
- At least 8+ years of related experience required
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular