Full-Time Recruitment Counselor, Career and Technical Education Programs
POSITION: Full-Time Recruitment Counselor, Career and Technical Education Programs:
Recruitment Counselor; Enrollment Services; Haverhill Campus; MCCC/MTA Unit Professional Position; 37.5 hours/week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday -9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Wednesday - 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Pay Grade 3; Grant Funded PositionSUMMARY:
The Recruitment Counselor for Career and Technical Education (CTE) will be responsible for a variety of on and off-campus recruitment activities that attract prospective students specifically to the college's CTE programs. Activities will include utilizing data to identify target populations, developing and distributing marketing and social media campaigns through multiple modalities, participating in events such as open houses and high school fairs, providing enrollment information to prospective students and their families and assisting students in navigating the enrollment process. The person in this role will also assist in monitoring, tracking and gauging the effectiveness of recruitment efforts. Other responsibilities include working as a collaborative team member within Enrollment Services departments to ensure a seamless student experience.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties for this position include:
Under the supervision of the Director of Recruitment and the Dean of Enrollment Services:
- Assists in developing, implementing and evaluating recruitment and outreach efforts, specifically for CTE programs, in assigned territories.
- Assists the Dean and the Director with monitoring and tracking the effectiveness of recruitment efforts; utilizes data to assist in making informed decisions for future recruitment goals.
- Create electronic and social media campaigns for targeted prospect groups; communication methods include mailings, e-mail, texting, social media, Navigate, Constant Contact and other systems.
- Assists in creating marketing and recruitment plans based on enrollment cycles.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with guidance counselors, parents, representatives of community-based organizations, as well as Northern Essex Community College faculty and staff.
- Attends on and off-campus meetings and recruitment events for CTE as necessary; participates in college fairs, information sessions, open houses, campus tours, school visits.
- Provides statistical reports and data related to CTE recruitment and enrollment activity.
- Assists the Dean and the Director with the establishment of CTE recruitment goals.
- Maintains a professional knowledge in applicable areas by researching recruitment strategies and admission trends. Applies knowledge and makes recommendations.
- Specifically, for CTE programs, provide follow-up communication to leads, prospective and admitted students; monitors prospective student lists, identify where students are in the enrollment process, assist with next steps.
- Actively promotes NECC's recruiting events through a variety of social media outlets.
- Maintains knowledge of Academic Programs, Student Roadmap, Cost of Attendance and other pertinent enrollment information to effectively assist prospective and new students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specsmccc/Recruitment Counselor - HB 1142.doc
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, Liberal Arts, or closely related field; with two (2) years' experience and/or training involving public education, college admissions or related enrollment services area, academic advisement, or customer service; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience maintaining and utilizing data systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of student recruitment and admissions, or willingness to complete training in these areas.
- Strong presentation skills. Outstanding public relations and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to travel and work evenings and weekends for such events as Open Houses, College Fairs, community engagements, graduations, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively establish interpersonal connections with culturally diverse populations.
- Must possess high energy, flexibility thriving in a high energy environment, and have a result driven attitude and focus for student success.
- Must be positive, energetic, team-orientated
- Ability and desire to work effectively within a fast-paced, rapidly growing, intense, and multi-functional office environment.
- Community College experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success building relationships with school guidance counselors, teachers, parents, and community agency representatives.
- Experience maintaining and utilizing data systems.
- Banner experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
Anticipated salary range is $51,653.00 to $56,345.00 (MCCC Pay Grade 3 with a Bachelor's degree) annually with complete fringe benefit package. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary calculated in compliance with MCCC/MTA classification system. Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.ANTICIPATED START DATE:
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ email@example.com), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: ?http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery
To apply, click HERE
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency