The School of Healthcare Business and Technology is seeking adjunct instructors to develop quality control and quality improvement courses. The courses will be delivered on our Boston campus and online in a semester-based format. The courses are geared toward undergraduate students in data science and external audiences seeking a certificate. There is a focus on biomanufacturing as well as applications in healthcare. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise and real-world examples to guide the course outline development and the relevant course development process.
- Work with the Dean, Program Director, and the assigned instructional support contact to develop the course for academic credit.
- Develop course content with a module approach, creating a more detailed breakdown of lessons.
- Provide guidance on the content that needs to be covered in each lesson. Review existing course content (if available) and recommend adaptations, changes, and updates.
- Work with the Dean, Program Director, and instructional support contact to develop content (videos, discussion boards, quizzes, live sessions, exams) as needed.
- Design content for engaging classroom sessions utilizing active learning and problem-based learning.
- Record lectures in class, present remotely or in a studio on the Boston campus.
- Determine the key learning concepts that need to be assessed and suggest effective and scalable assessment methods in line with the program assessment outline.
- Draft content for assessments corresponding to lessons/modules and cumulative assessments.
- Support the incorporation of diversity, equity, and inclusion into the curriculum
- Ensure the course meets the high-quality standards of other MCPHS online and on-campus courses.
- Recommend approaches for assignments and exams that ensure academic integrity and enable the course to scale in terms of enrollment.
- Identify tactics to improve the course based on feedback from its first run.
The supervisor may assign additional responsibilities.
- Experience teaching in the classroom setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality control and quality improvement
- Previous experience developing courses and/or teaching quality control or quality assurance
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to student success and the ability to engage and motivate students in an online format and in the classroom
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Advanced degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of the life science industry, including bio-manufacturing
- Experience teaching subject matter for students entering health professions
- Experience with a learning management system, such as Blackboard
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. MCPHS is unable to sponsor, or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa. MCPHS is also not an E-Verify institution.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.