Executive AssistantEmployment Category:
Full Time OperationalUnit Mission Statement:
The Provost is the chief academic and budget officer of the university. The Provost’s Office is responsible for all academic and research programs, academic budgets, institutional planning, space allocation, and faculty development.Position Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Development and the Assistant Provost for Coastal Resilience and Director of the Virginia Coastal Resilience Collaborative (VCRC) and contributes toward the daily operations of the Office of the Provost. The core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative support: Manage the Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Development and the Assistant Provost for Coastal Resilience calendars, meetings, events, and travel arrangements,
- Program support,
- Office Management,
- Calendar for many faculty events,
- Manage deadlines and priorities,
- Create and manage a “tickle” file for events,
- Project organizational skills,
- Spreadsheet management,
- Capable of partnering with other collaborators,
- Work/collaborate closely with the Events Manager,
- Management of faculty data/ ability to troubleshoot issues prior to AP getting involved,
- Create and manage annual calendar to manage/track recurring events and awards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Experience in a senior-level office environment performing administrative support,
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Google Workspace,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituencies to resolve problems, respond to inquiries, obtain and disseminate information,
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, and meet established deadlines,
- Commitment to excellence and accountability, with the ability to multi-task and work independently and collaboratively while exercising sound judgment and taking an appropriate level of initiative in a fast-paced environment.
Advertised Pay Range:
- Experience in higher education setting that involves interfacing with diverse constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, senior-level administrators, and the broader public,
- Experience supporting multiple individuals or program in a professional office setting with competing priorities in a collaborative manner,
- Experience with America to Go, Banner, Box, buyW&M, Chrome River,
- Experience with Cascade, Canva, and Qualtrics,
- Previous experience with event planning and calendar management,
- Experience with handling social media accounts, and creating posters, flyers, and media for advertising events,
- Experience with website design and management,
- Thorough understanding of the organizational structure of the university and various schools and the ability to appropriately apply that knowledge in responding to and forwarding inquiries from internal and external audiences.
$55,000 to $59,000 commensurate with experienceUniversity Salary Range:
311000 Provost's OfficeLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
11/22/2023Review Begin Date:
01/08/2024Open Until Filled:
12 Month - ContinuingConditions of Employment:
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
- This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information, particularly in dealings with a wide variety of populations (e.g., faculty, staff, and students) of varying levels of education and skills in communication.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/uhr/benefits/index.php?type=none