Faculty and Coordinator for Public Health Programs
POSITION: Full-Time Faculty and Coordinator for Public Health Programs;
Department of Public Health Programs; Division of Health Professions; Tenure Track; Lawrence Campus; (414 Common Street); 37.5 hours per week; MCCC/MTA Unit Faculty PositionSUMMARY:
The role of the Program Coordinator of Public Health programs is to oversee the development of curriculum; teach classroom courses in community health/public health content areas; work collaboratively with internship coordinator for practicum site adoption; develop program outcomes and establish a program evaluation system. Must demonstrate continuing professional development related to the role of a public health professional. Demonstrated ability to teach within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment. Knowledge of curriculum development, implementation and assessment, including evidence in employing instructional technology. The coordinator will actively promote and participate in community activities in support of the college and community health/public health campaigns.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach hybrid evening courses in Public Health.
- Mentor Adjunct Faculty within Community Health and Public Health Program
- Organize, administer, and evaluate comprehensive program effectiveness of Public Health and Community Health Worker programs.
- Participate in developing and monitoring the program budget.
- Actively engage in curriculum implementation, assessment and revision using defined program outcomes.
- Responsible for the overall operation and management of the AS in Public Health and the Community Health Worker Programs.
- Maintain office hours and advise students.
- Participate in college service activities.
- Oversee Internship site adoption and work collaboratively with Internship Coordinator
- Maintain timely knowledge of Massachusetts Community Health Worker Programs and training
- Mentor and train Teaching Assistants as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for CHW 110 course
- Program Coordinator for PHIT grant with UMASS Lowell. Serve on steering committee oversee curriculum implementation and modification. Write quarterly reports (with Program, Assistant) and attend monthly Federal ONC Meetings (virtual)
- Master's Degree or higher in Public Health, Health Administration or Health Education
- Experience in a healthcare or governmental agency.
- Experience in outreach and collaboration in a Public Health Community setting.
- Experience in overseeing and engaging in federal and state grants.
- Experience working with a diverse, multicultural, multi-ethnic population
- Previous experience teaching in a community college setting
- Previous experience teaching in a university setting
- Previous experience teaching on-line courses
- Ability to work collegially as a leader and as a team member.
- Bicultural/Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
Anticipated starting salary range is $51,678.00 to $61,495.00 per academic year with complete fringe benefit package. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary calculated in compliance with MCCC/MTA salary schedule commensurate with education and experience. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.ANTICIPATED START DATE
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover Letter, describing your qualifications and experience
- List of courses taught (including semester taught, course title, and number of course credits)
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ email@example.com), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery
To apply, click HERE
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency